Last spot in my Jax build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goronok

06-09-2012

Been playing Jax in Dominion lately, his burst damage kills on lone defenders are fantastic. Also love hanging back a bit in team fights then just gutting people.

Not that Dominion usually lasts long enough to get a full build going, but I wouldn't mind a full plan.

I start with zerkers boots and a tome towards Sheen, then I grab Sheen, Phage, finish off into Trinity Force, build up a Rageblade, then I build a Gunblade starting with lifesteal/spell vamp portions. If I manage to make it to a fifth item I've been building a Tooth.

After my Tooth... I'm really not sure what to do... the game is usually over before then, but if it's not... Deathcap? Infinity Edge? Deathcap and IE instead of Tooth?

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

I don't think I've ever gotten to a full build on Jax in a dominion game - trinity and the two blades are usually plenty (i usually get the gunblade first for a bit more survivability, and then the rageblade. unless I ended up with enough cash to straight up buy the rageblade the next time i go back) However, I think my last item might be a phantom dancer. Movespeed and attack speed are never a bad thing on jax, and the crits might help a bit. Or if I am dying a bit too much i'll build a defensive item like randuins or Fon. or Guardian, that would work pretty well as a last item.

Also, if you start pros blade boots 1 and pots, you can get a bit more into the fight at the beginning to start with. Its especially useful if you go bot too.

blackDAILO

06-09-2012

I would go for a Sanguine.

You should probably ditch the gunblade and invest a bit on tanky items+Sanguine. Yes, Jax does have a decent burst but sustain is what he's really good at.

Rebonack

06-09-2012

Back when Jax had his bonus AD/AP Ult I bought Boots1 and stacked nothing but Trinity Force on him.

Oh dear God was that ever hilarious. People got so mad when they lost to it.

*cough*

Anyway, Jax is really flexible when it comes to buying stuff. Because of the functionality of his Ult you should probably shoot for items that are at least offensive/defensive. Doing really well? Grab a heavy face-stomp item like Deathcap or Infinity Edge. Not doing so hot? Grab Abyssal or Atma's instead.

High sustain builds (Gunblade, Sanguine, WotA, herpaderp) can be pretty useful against low-burst teams. But it isn't always a good idea.