So Amumu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purple Puma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Is the most fun I've had in Dominion in a LONG time!

My build usually goes

Sunfire
Sorc Shoes
Abyssl Scepter
Frozen Heart
Odyn's

^never got passed 5 items. I become a crying bringer of death by just walking around, and have a couple stuns to defend a turret 1v3. And I usually bring Garrison + Flash. I go 15-15-0 in masteries getting as much CD as I can.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

axe the sunfire TBH

Misentro

06-07-2012

Needs more RoA.

A12MO12

06-07-2012

replace sunfire with randuins

Cryswar

06-07-2012

Would probably drop Sorcs for Merc/Tabi, but otherwise mumu is a fun little beastie.

ElevenOfClubs

06-07-2012

About that sunfire.

It is weak.

On the other hand I'm not going to say don't ever build it, there are times when it might be worth having (usually "I just got the Giant's belt b/c I needed the HP, what else am I going to do with it?"). I am going to advice against buying it first.

An early Abysal scepter will increase your damage and your team's damage more than an early Sunfire.

Grabing an early Heart of gold for hps will let you finish your build faster, and builds into Randuin's Omen which trades 400 or so gold (less the GP/10) for 30 armor, 25 hp/5, some CDR, slow + atkspd slow on hit and slow+attack spd slow AoE active.

An early Kindlgem will give you CDR for more ults earlier than you can afford glacial shroud, and can build into Zeke's Herald, which will do more than 35 damage/sec if you've got an AD or a couple of bruser's handy. Or can turn into a Hextech sweeper to deal with those stealthy types and peeking round corners.

Preventing Damage on squishy allies with Aegis is definitely worth more than the 35 damage a second your getting on sunfire, even if you're doing true damage, and you can get your 5 items 500 gold sooner.

I also like Will of the Ancients (particularly if you've got a team that synergizes with it's aura) and Rylai's for the perma-slow (although I'd never get both).

And try and check people's MR before grabbing Sorcs. They're worth nothing if you have Abysal Scepter and they're all building Glass Cannon.

Mitch Epyonfist

06-08-2012

Try hp regen amumu, absolutely deadly while u sit in the middle of theior team and use despair

ssmonkey

06-08-2012

I usually rush haunting guise with 9/21 masteries but get defensive boots rather than sorc boots.

Enough tankiness and a lot of damage early.

If they have 3 auto attackers, it may pay to max Q first, they are really easy to hit when AAing and the damage and CD scale well with levels.

HaIfhearted

06-08-2012

I think Rylais is worth a mention on Amumu.

Health, AP, and Despair becomes a slow aura.

Shaxtenn

06-09-2012

I build Amumu with heavy AP. His ratios are insane. It kills.

AP Amumu is way more fun than full tank. The playstyle is the same - land a bandage, turn on tears, spam tantrum, ult as many people as you can catch. But the difference is AP mummy nukes people the **** down. You die faster, sure, but it feels like you're doing work.

I often build Sunfire Cape for the health and armour, and its AOE damage synergises with Despair, and works with all the mpen I build (runes, sorc shoes, abyssal, sometimes haunting guise, for 49-69 mpen). But I suspect I could milk more damage by building a CDR item instead, for more Tantrums, and getting health and armour from elsewhere? Perhaps Hextech Sweeper, Rylai's, or Hourglass? Or maybe just get a Randuin's instead: only 400 more gold than Sunfire for 100 less health (350), 30 more armour, and the slow. Hmm.