Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do I always lose? ._.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shinkada

06-07-2012

Okay this sounds like a troll thread but it really isn't. I know Elo Hell doesn't exist - if I'm as good as I think I am, then by default my team has a guaranteed good player on the enemy (or at the least one less chance of a bad player). I'm so **** sure I'm below my bracket though. I almost always win my lane if I'm laning, when I'm jungling I don't think I EVER fail to burn their flash and I probably average 3, maybe 4 kills once the lane phase is over. I have the odd game where I snowball into 6+ and the odd game where I can't get more than a flash out. I'm absolutely never negative k/d before teamfight phase when jungling, and extremely rarely when laning. When teamfight phase rocks up I know when and when not to initiate, I never pick fights I can't win, I'm just about never caught out of position... I buy wards, often more than support, probably about 5 + wriggles per game (more if I'm on a champ that doesn't get wriggles) when jungling, and enough to not get caught when I'm laning.

I'm not saying I'm amazing. I often don't buy enough wards, my last-hitting sucks (still often highest in game), I'm horrible at remembering to use summoner spells in chaotic teamfights and I'm atrocious at remembering to use item actives at all, but I don't make any huge mistakes, at least not anything more than 'barely overestimated health and dived a bit too far' once every 5-10 games or the rare (probably about once every 2 games) getting caught out of position, which is a pretty good record when I'm so often on the losing side with zero map control. Meanwhile I constantly get teamed up with supports that don't ward, tanks/bruisers that initiate without the team and seem to think they did their job when they took 70% damage and the enemy team didn't take anything, junglers that walk in from behind the lane, soak up 2-3 minutes of XP then leave, and people from all lanes that push lanes without warding, get too aggressive when they're behind and feed, MOUNTAINS of people who don't focus the carries, etc.

Why? The only thing I can think of is that I'm not playing champions that can carry, whereas the statistical one-good-player on the other team is. Do I just need to play carry only until I'm at a higher bracket?

And I'm not one of those people saying baww i only win half my games and my elo is only 1400, my record for Ranked so far sits at 4-12 and my Elo is 930. I want to find out some way to fix this before it plummets any lower, because if people can screw up this badly in 950 I really don't want to see what 500 looks like.

And just for the record I'm a pretty new player, this is my first account, not just on LoL but in any moba game. But I've got a fighting game background (which helps more than you'd think with things like poking, judging damage, reaction time and ESPECIALLY spacing) and I've watched at least 100 professional matches just because I enjoy that sort of thing. There are other good players but it never seems to be enough to carry the braindead people on our team and the enemy team rarely seems to have any such problem. :/

EDIT: d-amn is a swear word? well gosh darn it.

NorDicUn

06-07-2012

Duo with some friends

DatPieGuy

06-07-2012

if you're really new, you shouldn't be playing ranked as soon as you're hitting 30. Take a break, play some normals and try again once you've practiced more. Duoing also helps increase your win rate if your friend is good

Iamgonnatroll

06-07-2012

Yea you bought 6 boots on Soraka and PD on Jax. GTFO troll

Shinkada

06-07-2012

I've done that a little (I think about 4 or 5 of my Ranked was in a duo) and it just doesn't seem to help. We always get matched up with people so devoid of knowledge of how the game is played that the enemy uses them as fuel to steamroll. I can't think of a single game where we haven't had at least two people of 'support not warding with 30 cs' or 'attack Nautilus when Graves is literally standing right next to him' levels of dumb.

My Normal game ratio was much better, at least 50% winrate... Why are people in ranked with what I hope is so little practice?

EDIT: The 6 boots on Soraka was because I was frustrated, we were at like 0-16 and I was idling. The PD on Jax... I don't think it's THAT bad an item for him between the movement and attack speed, I was thinking of getting IE next. I was trying to find some way to carry my team because of the aforementioned maybe-I'm-not-carrying-enough thing. I've even been considering buying the stack-on-kill items on junglers to try and help it. :/

SoDuhAsian

06-07-2012

Sometimes I admit that I do stupid things like diving with no one there to help me, because I believe I can get the kill.. but...
There are some people that are just plain....not smart. Lol.
They feed like its the end of the world.
qq.
And when we lose, they blame on other people.
/flips tables
I'm sorry but..
Is this what the topic is about? ._____.;

IS16e7c68f67142a

06-07-2012

It's hard to tell your individual pitfalls just from this context (just another reason why we need Replays :P )

All I can really say is you shouldn't feel too down about it. For now I'd suggest going back into normals until you're truly comfortable to try again, you need confidence to play at your best not the feeling that you're probably going to lose. Plus the extra experience doesn't hurt :3

Fururika

06-07-2012

You're not the only one, this game;s elo system is really poorly designed it only really works at the higher levels. I'm pretty sure 60% if the people below 1200 don't even belong there, there's just that other 40% that seem to drag people down with them.

The enemy is usually always going to have seasoned players who play the game right even at 900 elo, they do everything a 1500 team would do, and your team tends to do the opposite and you lose the game. It's a repetition of this until you get put on that side and get a win or two until you get the other team.

That's why people tend to call it ELO hell..

Nip the Zephyr

06-07-2012

Honestly, just play more. Not saying play to get better, just play more. Season 1 I started off with bad loses and had a string of bad luck, fell to 1000-1100. Worked up into bronze (and fell right out before they gave out the badges d@mn it!). You need to play long enough for luck/chance to balance out your string of unlucky games/teammates with lucky ones.

Graiskye

06-07-2012

Quote:
Why are people in ranked with what I hope is so little practice?

You mean like you are. What the six boots on Soraka, got pissed and decided to throw the game did you ?
Your bad, 900 is your true elo probably lower actually, keep playing ranked and you'll be there soon, guaranteed.
Its not your teammates, its you.
How do I know this, because you have 137 wins in norms, your playing ranked, and you are blaming all the other players.
Guaranteed BADDIE.