Draven lane partners and lane counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endrin

06-07-2012

I created this thread to discuss what champions Draven:
1)does well with in lane
2)does well against in lane
3)does terrible against in lane

I can't seem to think of a good lane partner or anyone he counters very hard. So I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on this matter.

wait for itt

06-07-2012

draven sucks

Folly Inc

06-07-2012

Leona is actually pretty great, so is Nautilus. Anyone who can -keep the enemy rooted- around the same place does really well with him. Blitz does okay, but his pull can really screw up Draven's groove. Essentially, Draven does a ridiculous amount of damage, and the more damage he can drop into someone, they better.

He has a really hard time against champions that can outrange him. Cait is the first one that comes to mind.

TheDancingDead

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armo View Post
draven sucks
...I'll fix this for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armo View Post
Draven is Dariuses brother, I thought he would faceroll to victory! As it turns out he has an interesting skillset and requires some finesse to be good, ARGH!

SausageMcBiscuit

06-07-2012

Janna does well in lane with him

ploki122

06-07-2012

Like Sausage said, Janna is quite a good duo for Draven since you can keep them in place with Q, help the chase with W and boost his ADs with E. Worst case you can ult to save him if he can't run away with his own speed boost... Also I don't think that Janna's lack of heal is a problem since /imo/ Draven should get lifesteal pretty early, given the fact that he's on par with urgot when it comes to poking the enemies...

TL;DR Draven is a poker, Janna is poke-friendly. So Janna suits Draven well

Otherwise, I found him having some serious troubles against ANY kind of cc...be it a malph's slow or amumu's numerous stuns, cc will simply keep him from grabbing his blades and so drop his damages by a LOT. In that sense, cait should prove to be quite efficient since she can lay down traps and he will most probably trigger them grabbing axes.

EDIT: I'd be curious about a Sona ~ Draven lane... she will give him another MS boost that will make him so fast and hectic that he could wreck some nearer-sigthed champs (aka lower AA range)

TheDancingDead

06-07-2012

Hmm, what about Lulu?

Her kit seems like it might work fairly well with him.

Her Q is a heavy snare.

Her W for speed / CC.

Her E for shield + dps boost.

R for its heal-like effect and utility.

Juggernoob

06-07-2012

You know who is a good counter to Draven? Blitz...you can almost always tell where he is going to be, and his pull will just **** him up

SageBias

06-07-2012

I'm under the impression that Taric works best with Draven. His Q is very strong for poking purposes, but I don't Draven is a very good "poke champion" because of it. Because his q is an auto-attack modifier, it only has the range of his auto-attack, 550. Compare this with much stronger pokes, like Ezreal's Q (1100), Kog'Maw's W (630 even at lvl 1), or even champions with simple longer auto-attacks like Caitlyn or Trist (after a few levels). I feel that Draven actually does best in hard engages because his sustained damage, as long as he can catch the axes, is arguably higher than any other AD carries'. To that end, Taric's stun allows for Draven to usually hit 1, possibly 2 Spinning Axes for free, at which point the other champion can either try to stand and fight (and will likely die) or run, at which point Draven is getting free harass.

TL;DR: Champs that have a move with longer range than 550 beat him; supports that have hard CC (stuns/knockups) work well with him; supports that can kite well work well against him (Janna, Nunu, Lulu)

matt012106

06-07-2012

I'm afraid I didn't read the other posts in the thread, but I would like to suggest Blitzcrank as a counter bot lane. If you see Darius going in for the clearly visible landing site of his axe, just line up a grab, allow some lead time, and you have a free kill.