Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renegade Talon

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Maybe in ranked, but not in normals.

I duo'd normals with a friend today. Two games in a row where he ran AD Ahri with me as Support Morgana.

Not a single complaint. We carried both games.
So let me get this straight you ran an ad and a support. Let me guess you both went bot lane?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryswar

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
And then you realize that all strategy on Dominion is basically a formula and it's pretty much completely devoid of interesting gameplay.

I only play Dominion to try out new champions or if a friend only has time for a Dominion game. Honestly, I don't think I can even lose on Dominion if I tryhard it and play Malzahar. It's so ****ing mindless.

Also, every reason the OP stated is easily remedied by getting better at the game. He likes Dominion because it's harder to make mistakes and when you do make mistakes it's not that big of a deal.
I feel dumber for having even read that. Do you actually have to try to be that severely retarded or does it come naturally?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letkhar

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoxex View Post
So let me get this straight you ran an ad and a support. Let me guess you both went bot lane?
Way to cut out part of my post, bro.

I run all kinds of **** bottom. Nobody cares as long as it works. I also roam as Pantheon a lot. Nobody rages. You're probably just feeding like a mofo and think they're angry because you're "breaking the meta".

Dominion has really clear things that work better than others, too. Malzahar's pretty much unbeatable if you just send him bottom with exhaust. It takes 3 people to even stop him from pushing down the node. I stopped playing Dominion after about 30 games because **** like that got boring. Every game is a formula; there's basically no actual strategy.

The long queue times are also really annoying. What's the point of playing the "fast" mode if it takes half an hour to even get a game? I can't even play Dominion unless I queue with 5 people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letkhar

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
I feel dumber for having even read that. Do you actually have to try to be that severely retarded or does it come naturally?
Excellent, constructive post. Gave your opinions and reasoning in a well-thought-out manner. I understand the error of my ways, now. Dominion takes an incredible amount of skill and practice to understand all of its nuances; I had no idea. +1 to you, good sir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renegade Talon

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Way to cut out part of my post, bro.

I run all kinds of **** bottom. Nobody cares as long as it works.
I think you missed the point of that. You are saying you two ran ad ahri and support morgana bot lane. That is still the meta as you both went ad carry and then support bot lane. The pick doesnt really matter because you both still did what the meta called for. Yeah you can run kill lanes but using ad/support bot lane in your example didnt really make much sense there.

And why would I copy the entire post when the only relevant sections are all I care about. That would be like me typing a wall of text and expecting anyone to repost it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letkhar

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoxex View Post
I think you missed the point of that. You are saying you two ran ad ahri and support morgana bot lane. That is still the meta
Next time you see AD Ahri bottom lane in a tournament, I'll concede this point. Until then, it's not "the meta". I'm sorry, but if it's something that nobody does then it can't be something that's considered part of the metagame.

Quote:
as you both went ad carry and then support bot lane.
Fair enough, even if you ignored the second half of my post.

I go AD mid all the time. AD's win lane. A lot. It can be a really effective way to play SR. Pros have recently been running 2 mid instead of 2 bottom, as well. And trading top and bottom has been in the game forever.

Try going bottom on Dominion with more than one champion. Let me know how it turns out.

HINT: You'll lose top, probably not get bottom in a reasonable amount of time because everyone runs exhaust, and then the rest of their team will kill you bottom. It's simple math. There's basically no flexibility.


Quote:
And why would I copy the entire post when I can just pick out parts and lambaste those without actually making a point because I'm responding to a strawman instead of what the person I'm quoting actually said.
Fix'd.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Maybe in ranked, but not in normals.

I duo'd normals with a friend today. Two games in a row where he ran AD Ahri with me as Support Morgana.

Not a single complaint. We carried both games.

I also run kill lanes bottom all the time--Volibear/Lee Sin, Jarvan/Leona, Nautilus/Urgot, etc. Nobody cares as long as you don't feed.
Have fun trying out Brand/Cass bot or Sona/Janna then. Unusual champ picks/kill lane picks != "breaking the formula" (and the former is arguably a kill lane).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letkhar

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Have fun trying out Brand/Cass bot or Sona/Janna then. Unusual champ picks/kill lane picks != "breaking the formula" (and the former is arguably a kill lane).
You say this like picking bad comps won't lose you the game on Dominion. :/

Playing something that's ineffective is playing something that's ineffective, no matter how simple the game mode.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Point is that SR isn't any better than dominion; it's actually worse because you are stuck with the one meta which is quite inflexible. There's a ton more comps that are reasonably viable on dominion. I could go dig up some of the NESL dominion tournament comps and show you...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CannonFodder4Hyr

Member

06-07-2012

great post OP- and what you said is entirely true.

You wont get a rage quitter just from who you pick in que, which says a lot about both game modes.