Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theuberone

Senior Member

06-07-2012

The thing I hate about dom is how useless fights are


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Konphujun

Senior Member

06-07-2012

I agree that Dominion is much more fast paced and farming has very little impact on how one performs in the match as a whole. The set base income being much higher and the pace much faster, it gives early game and late game champs an equal opportunity to shine in less time than SR.

I've also noticed markedly less ragers/AFKs because the matches are so fast and comebacks are legitimately possible in every single match.

On a related note, this thread gets mad support for enjoying a different game type, and yet any and all threads related to Twisted Treeline get instantly downvoted till they're closed. I don't quite understand that, seeing as how most of the ''different people prefer different things'' comments can apply equally to SR, TT and Dominion.

Just an observation, but to close back on topic, I also find dominion much more fun and challenging than Summoner's Rift.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

Senior Member

06-07-2012

TT's day will come, but for now I'm enjoying the relative lack of hate GD has for Dominion :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konphujun View Post
I agree that Dominion is much more fast paced and farming has very little impact on how one performs in the match as a whole. The set base income being much higher and the pace much faster, it gives early game and late game champs an equal opportunity to shine in less time than SR.

I've also noticed markedly less ragers/AFKs because the matches are so fast and comebacks are legitimately possible in every single match.

On a related note, this thread gets mad support for enjoying a different game type, and yet any and all threads related to Twisted Treeline get instantly downvoted till they're closed. I don't quite understand that, seeing as how most of the ''different people prefer different things'' comments can apply equally to SR, TT and Dominion.

Just an observation, but to close back on topic, I also find dominion much more fun and challenging than Summoner's Rift.
It's actually surprising that this thread hasn't been spammed into being closed, since Dominion and GD usually go together like wood and rabid termites.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Stormchaser

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
It's actually surprising that this thread hasn't been spammed into being closed, since Dominion and GD usually go together like wood and rabid termites.
This


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanadel

Senior Member

06-07-2012

The only thing I sort of dislike about Dominion is having to face the same champions over and over if playing Blind Pick. There will always be a Jax somewhere.

But now that I think about it, it's not that different from SR. :/

Oh right, the one thing I really like about Dominion is that supports can play as AP carries without being called trolls.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psybeerian

Senior Member

06-07-2012

In Dominion you can literally pick any champ and not get flack for it. Nadda zilch.

SR is all about Meta. Meta Meta Meta.

META META META


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swampert

Senior Member

06-07-2012

I'd argue there's more strategy to Dominion than SR, but SR seems more difficult because it's played so much more passively. In Dominion you have to make more decisions more quickly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letkhar

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz or I Feed View Post
I'd argue there's more strategy to Dominion than SR, but SR seems more difficult because it's played so much more passively.
And then you realize that all strategy on Dominion is basically a formula and it's pretty much completely devoid of interesting gameplay.

I only play Dominion to try out new champions or if a friend only has time for a Dominion game. Honestly, I don't think I can even lose on Dominion if I tryhard it and play Malzahar. It's so ****ing mindless.

Also, every reason the OP stated is easily remedied by getting better at the game. He likes Dominion because it's harder to make mistakes and when you do make mistakes it's not that big of a deal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letkhar

Senior Member

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybeerian View Post
In Dominion you can literally pick any champ and not get flack for it. Nadda zilch.

SR is all about Meta. Meta Meta Meta.

META META META
Maybe in ranked, but not in normals.

I duo'd normals with a friend today. Two games in a row where he ran AD Ahri with me as Support Morgana.

Not a single complaint. We carried both games.

I also run kill lanes bottom all the time--Volibear/Lee Sin, Jarvan/Leona, Nautilus/Urgot, etc. Nobody cares as long as you don't feed.