Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

06-07-2012

*mbup*

Pebbywebby

06-07-2012

Good points. I played dominion for a bit when it came out. My biggest problems are:
- The pacing is always rushed. I like frantic, exciting games like shooters, but I still feel like I always have to be doing something and never get a breather except when I die. That, in itself, is not bad, but I like how Summoner's Rift has very clear times when you're just running somewhere, laning and focusing on one thing, etc. The game has a lot of good pacing changes, wheras Dominion is monotonously paced.
- All the games in Dominion ultimately feel the same. Maybe I'd get over this one if I played more, but I feel like Summoner's Rift has lots of chances for memorable or unique moments and plays (partly because of the above point). In Dominion, I always feel like the game is the same every time, and sometimes you 'just win' and sometimes you 'just lose.' It's harder to develop strategy/planning/tactics with your teammates, especially in solo queue, even if individual skirmishes are fun.

NoX Zenilant

06-07-2012

dom is fun, but there's no ranked and the ip gain is somehow even less.

General Farsight

06-07-2012

I have been thinking about palying Dominion recently, but I often hear how my favorite champions (Swain, Veigar, Anivia, Orianna) are usually outclassed there due to their lack of mobility. Also, I seem to have a hard time finding build suggestions and things like that for Dominion, and I would really feel bad about playing a amtch there completely blind (if anyone could point me towards a place with more Dominion oriented guides and builds, I'd be somewhat thankfull)...

ElevenOfClubs

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Farsight View Post
I have been thinking about palying Dominion recently, but I often hear how my favorite champions (Swain, Veigar, Anivia, Orianna) are usually outclassed there due to their lack of mobility. Also, I seem to have a hard time finding build suggestions and things like that for Dominion, and I would really feel bad about playing a amtch there completely blind (if anyone could point me towards a place with more Dominion oriented guides and builds, I'd be somewhat thankfull)...
http://www.dominatedominion.com/wordpress/
-Has guides and organizes a weekly dominion tournament.

Also join ingame chat DominateDominion; it consists primarily of members of that community all the time..

NoX Zenilant

06-07-2012

non-mobility casters could be considered outclassed on Dom but I've seen really good Swains, Veigars, Anivias, and even Oriannas (for the record, it's not like Orianna is so great on SR either). What they lack in mobility they make up for in lane-blocking CC that can really lock down an entire team or secure a bunch of kills. Just those champs' ability to zone makes them so deadly, especially bot lane.

also, for builds, here:

http://www.dominatedominion.com/wordpress/

MyDeadGrandma

06-07-2012

I gave up on summoers because I was sick of seeing the same comps over and over again.

In every dominion game Soraka Janna, Taric and Lulu can build as if they solo'd mid. Eve and Xin can actually hold their own.

royh

06-07-2012

Amen. Rift is a ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz snoozing farm fest. I like fast paced action.

viledemon19

06-07-2012

sorry i don't like playing pick the top 3 champs in dominion in win. there is not much strategy in dominion

CLG HotdogGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
* You don't spend 15 minutes playing mostly PvE before you get to the good part
* You don't get to watch their jungle towerdive you 3x because [insert other lane here] fed 5 kills in 10 minutes and they know you're the only competent player on the team
* You can still have some fun even if you're going to lose (any one-sided SR game is 5 minutes of "play" then 15 minutes of stomp where you can't actually do anything useful but you also can't surrender)
* You can usually still be useful even if you get counterpicked, that is if you're smart about avoiding your counter
* You don't get the role you're good at playing copped because the people above you who have 2-5 more ELO than you go "omg pick order is only thing that matters, so stuff it"

inb4 downvote dogpile and/or moving to Dom forums
So basically you're bad.