Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jiggly Johnson

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisztomaniac View Post
bloodline champions fight require more skill than lol fights, maybe not the entire game but fights do, and since BLC is all about fights, i think it acomplishes its goal.

i find it funny how much people dis on BLC but get exited at diablo 3 release, BLC is essentailly diablo pvp, just taken to another lvl.
BLC players always boast about the skill required, however, I my self don't give a poo, that game is just bad.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
Ever notice how it's the people who don't play dominion that think there's no strategy?
truth

Nightbane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

I would agree with you but my comp is so bad that my video card can't handle dominion...

Kyrrion

06-07-2012

No 15 minute farm period but there may be a 15 minute wait period with idiotic queue dodgers :P

SolCrimzen

06-07-2012

That's why it's there, different people prefer different things

DemonHawk

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
* The community isn't as prone to go nuclear if you make mistakes
That's a complete lie. Dominion is far less noob friendly imo. The first few games I played there (around 1-2 months after its release), I didn't really know what to do at every single moment of the game and everyone in my team kept blaming me. In SR however, you can play passively and take your time. Small mistakes can indeed snowball but they aren't as punishing as in Dominion where if you don't capture a point that "seemed" capturable in a certain moment everyone will start raging at you (not that I can blame them, having a beginner in a fast-packed game does indeed suck)

Redeemed In Fire

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Wolves View Post
I would agree with you but my comp is so bad that my video card can't handle dominion...
Yeah, I pull a solid 40-50 FPS on SR but i'm lucky to get over 35 on Dominion, and I have to toggle random GFX settings now and then to stop it dipping below 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHawk View Post
That's a complete lie. Dominion is far less noob friendly imo. The first few games I played there (around 1-2 months after its release), I didn't really know what to do at every single moment of the game and everyone in my team kept blaming me. In SR however, you can play passively and take your time. Small mistakes can indeed snowball but they aren't as punishing as in Dominion where if you don't capture a point that "seemed" capturable in a certain moment everyone will start raging at you (not that I can blame them, having a beginner in a fast-packed game does indeed suck)
It gets better as your hidden normal ELO goes up (last I checked I was hovering at ~1400 and ragers are somewhat rare, though AFKs happen more than I'd like), just hone your map sense and fighting skills and you'll go places

Also, learn Urgot. He's a beast on Dom. :P

Agamentium

06-07-2012

I almost never play dominion. I just joined a draft queue and I have been waiting for 7 minutes. Again, I never play it so it can't be that my elo is high.

Redeemed In Fire

06-07-2012

Yeah, draft queue is near empty on Dominion. Blind pick is a lot better, but you have to put up with the occasional OP champ.

ElevenOfClubs

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHawk View Post
This made me laugh out loud, mostly at myself though.

I remember when I was a noob in SR and it had to be pointed out to me that hitting the minions without trying to last hit was a bad idea. That's a mistake that snowballs.

I had ~100 wins (and ~135 loses) by the time I figured out the merits of passive laning.

The difference between Dominion and SR (with respect to noob mistakes) is in Dominion they are often a lot more visible, so haters who gonna hate hate when you make them. Not 10, 15, 20 minutes later when the accumlated mistakes mean you can't contribute.

Any PvP-centric game is gonna have noobs making noob mistakes and haters hatting them for it. Just statistics.