Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
One thing I like about Dominion is that your team isn't completely screwed if one person doesn't want to play a specific "role".

One of the things I hate on SR is when no one on my team picks a jungler.
It's pretty much an insta-loss for my team.

This song by PlayerPOV pretty much perfectly describes it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3anqzq0SNA&list=UUSeqGfN1n5opYYzueGLpHWQ& index=2&feature=plcp
the reason dominion is so willy nilly is that not enough people have played it long enough for a meta to be established

amidamarufn139

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2012

bump

Shizoli

06-09-2012

Dominion is for people who suck at SR.

Brettapod

06-09-2012

Dominion is more laid-back in my opinion, with the only real metagame being how many people you send top at the beginning. If a teammate loses a tower, then it's not really a big deal, in more cases.

DoctorMcPain

06-09-2012

Dominion is lotsa fun

PrinceKO

06-09-2012

I like the fact that in Dominion, you never know who's going to win.

Ardnalis

06-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthnxbai View Post
the reason dominion is so willy nilly is that not enough people have played it long enough for a meta to be established
It has a meta of sorts; 3 DPS+support top with someone bot, usually a good duelist. The fun part comes in explaining what's a DPS and how to fill it; an example would be Malphite, Teemo, and Ezrael can all three fill the same slot for DPS, but depending on other factors you may or may not want them and will opt for Eve, who *is* useful, instead.

And I've seen that meta be destroyed by the 3 ranged AD roaming groups...

Rebel Dragon

06-10-2012

Have an upvote!

Tortferngatr

06-10-2012

I just love the faster play, and that things get exciting VERY quickly.

Also love the strategies involved.

Rebonack

06-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthnxbai View Post
Not really.

Bottom lane is pretty well established in its functionality.

There's no 'meta' top because the game focuses completely around team-fights and small skirmishes rather than the static objectives of Rift. All you need are four champions who have skill sets that mesh well together.

If doesn't matter much what roles those four champions cover provided that they can function well together.