Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Tam

06-08-2012

I enjoy dominion but it will always be second in my mind. Its so much tougher to just clinch a victory. And there is no jungle in dominion. :(

KimTaeHwa

06-08-2012

Some of the champs are EXTREMELY broken in dom and really not fun to play against, eg darius, jax, poppy, etc

Colonero

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICastShadows View Post
I Supports aren't really viable though.
Actually this is not true at all. Supports are extremely helpful in dominion matches. Generally the support should be building tanky / aura items and these really make a big difference when fighting for control over top. Exhaust garrison karma can allow my team to initiate on tower easily, exhaust shutting down their strongest damage source, while I heal / shield my teammates. Also she puts out quite a bit of aoe burst damage since people generally do not build much or any MR in dominion unless they are a tank.

This pretty much applies to any support. You kinda have to think of them as being different from a SR support since they are more effective with different builds. Things like tanky janna/sona , or trinity force / tank taric.

GrignardTS

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICastShadows View Post
Supports aren't really viable though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonero View Post
This pretty much applies to any support. You kinda have to think of them as being different from a SR support since they are more effective with different builds. Things like tanky janna/sona , or trinity force / tank taric.
What he said. Support's aren't Support on Dominion in the traditional sense.

Tanky AD Sona too stonk.

HaIfhearted

06-08-2012

One thing I like about Dominion is that your team isn't completely screwed if one person doesn't want to play a specific "role".

One of the things I hate on SR is when no one on my team picks a jungler.
It's pretty much an insta-loss for my team.

This song by PlayerPOV pretty much perfectly describes it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3anq...2&feature=plcp

Tenmar

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
* You don't spend 15 minutes playing mostly PvE before you get to the good part
* You don't get to watch their jungle towerdive you 3x because [insert other lane here] fed 5 kills in 10 minutes and they know you're the only competent player on the team
* You can still have some fun even if you're going to lose (any one-sided SR game is 5 minutes of "play" then 15 minutes of stomp where you can't actually do anything useful but you also can't surrender)
* You can usually still be useful even if you get counterpicked, that is if you're smart about avoiding your counter
* You don't get the role you're good at playing copped because the people above you who have 2-5 more ELO than you go "omg pick order is only thing that matters, so stuff it"

inb4 downvote dogpile and/or moving to Dom forums
See I did all that and I ended up grinding my Dom elo where now I have to wait ~20 minutes for a match even during peak playing hours. The sad thing is that basically if you play too much of one mode and are successful you are punished cause the game can't find people that can actually play with you.

Redeemed In Fire

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrignardTS View Post
Have to disagree with you there. Why stand and DPS on a assassin with the best mobility in game?

His mobility is what makes him OP. Going AD is counter-intuitive.
Because he has mobility so he can stick :P It's a combination of leftovers from my pre-30 days where i actually built bruiser/AD kass (wee manamune fromal ftw) and the fact that his W used to give arpen so he used to be intended to be a bruiser.

I think it would solve a lot of the kass QQ; if he has to stay to deal damage then you can fight him more effectively. Trick is finding him a lane as a reworked bruiser. Maybe top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
One thing I like about Dominion is that your team isn't completely screwed if one person doesn't want to play a specific "role".

One of the things I hate on SR is when no one on my team picks a jungler.
It's pretty much an insta-loss for my team.

This song by PlayerPOV pretty much perfectly describes it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3anq...2&feature=plcp
Sad but true :x

Redeemed In Fire

06-08-2012

*bump*

Demonite10

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Tam View Post
I enjoy dominion but it will always be second in my mind. Its so much tougher to just clinch a victory. And there is no jungle in dominion.
I'll agree that it's tougher to clinch a victory, but I disagree that there is no jungle. I made a post earlier talking about the different skillsets that people need to be successful at both SR and Dom(it was very brief). There IS a jungle in Dominion, it's just not full of creeps and mobs. It's full of weird angles and bushes that you learn to use to stalk enemy players from their base to where ever they're going. What's one of the worst things to do in Dom? Reveal your position. If you shadow people through the jungle then you're revealing their position without revealing yours.

Redeemed In Fire

06-08-2012

nevar die!