Why I switched to maining Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aquelarres

06-07-2012

Bump

Aroyok

06-07-2012

I was hooked on Dom from day one of the 'open beta'

Why?

Because after playing the original DotA and Classic LoL for years, I wanted a change from the old '20 minutes of last hitting then one or two teamfights to decide who laned better'. To me, the fun part of SR doesn't come soon enough and doesn't last long enough.

The two modes require different skills, different setups and different summoner spells. Likewise, they require different strategies. I frequently hear 'nub scrub why you take Revive?' and 'Dom takes no skill.' I'd just like to say here that Dom actually does take skill, but they don't come in the form of how to last hit, how to harass in lane, how to counter time the buffs, ect ect. They come in the form of how to utilize the fog of war to leave your base without the enemy knowing, how to camp the jungle and cut people off in the jungle, when to grab the storm shield ect ect.

I think right now, just like HoN players looked down on us LoL players for reasons like 'it lacks depth', I think LoL's own players(the SR base) look down on Dominion in the same manner.

Redeemed In Fire

06-07-2012

I think the only useless spell in dominion is Clarity, and that's broken on SR too. Personally I'd like to see it as a "take percentage of current cooldowns off of on-cd spells" then have the summoner mastery have it give mana too.

But I digress. Let's keep this going :3

xXJenkXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by accuracy1st View Post
BLC players always boast about the skill required, however, I my self don't give a poo, that game is just bad.
As someone who played and enjoyed BLC for months I'm a bit offended by this. The game does have a lot of flaws, but claiming it's just bad with nothing to back it up or explain why is bad for a constructive conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Try going bottom on Dominion with more than one champion. Let me know how it turns out.
Turns out it happens fairly frequently bro. Usually you wouldn't immediately send 2 or more people bottom, but once you get past the first fight on windmill, it's fairly common to see more than just one person from each side down there. Why? It's a tactic that works. With enough pressure down there they risk losing it, meaning they need to draw people away from defending top. Maybe they lost a required person to stronghold top, and now it's vulnerable. There's a lot of if's involved, but it's better than throwing people at top over and over again just to die because the other team has a better early/late game.

Hell, I've seen plenty of 4v4 teamfights on bottom before. Ganks that lead to more ganks and trading nodes on bottom(potentially freeing up top for a team) makes for a very interesting game.

XenocideEnder

06-08-2012

I play solo queue a LOT, so I loves me some Dom. It's good practice for your reflexes overall, although in going back to the Rift, you end up a little...twitchy.

Maybe that's not the right word. Spammy? You just get used to the fast pace of it. I'd love it if they'd implement ranked Dom games. That would make me a happy Xeno.

sultanofswag69

06-08-2012

lol casual

Insanus

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidamarufn139 View Post
Turns out it happens fairly frequently bro. Usually you wouldn't immediately send 2 or more people bottom, but once you get past the first fight on windmill, it's fairly common to see more than just one person from each side down there. Why? It's a tactic that works. With enough pressure down there they risk losing it, meaning they need to draw people away from defending top. Maybe they lost a required person to stronghold top, and now it's vulnerable. There's a lot of if's involved, but it's better than throwing people at top over and over again just to die because the other team has a better early/late game.

Hell, I've seen plenty of 4v4 teamfights on bottom before. Ganks that lead to more ganks and trading nodes on bottom(potentially freeing up top for a team) makes for a very interesting game.
^This

Letkhar, it's fine if you like SR but the things you say about Dominion are blatantly not factual. Two or more are bottom all of the time. And actually because of this, I hardly ever see Malzahar anymore. He can't take the constant ganking. His good pushing makes him very vulnerable. I don't think you should make generalized, derogatory comments about a game you no nothing about.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namednams View Post
lol casual
And your point?

Some people prefer casual gaming. I know that's why I will always prefer Dominion and Co-op over Normal/Ranker Summoner's Rift.

Von Nicklesnout

06-08-2012

Honestly i'd rather play carries on Dominion than Summoner's Rift since there's a less guaranteed chance you'll have a mentally handicapped moron as support.

kthnxbai

Recruiter

06-08-2012

i'm sure there is some skill and strategy in dominion (and maybe as much as SR) but i just feel so bored playing it. it's probably b/c it just feels so "herp derp. it's just like SR w/ zone control but we decided to make it simpler so that everyone understands it"