Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Swearin , reason for penalty ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PachuVR

06-07-2012

Okay i just played a ranked game , we were at late game . We see our enemy at baron and we try to get on time there , but when we meet them they engage and all focus our ad carry , i was far away and she got 1000 slows on her , i was playing kayle and i couldnt save her becouse it would implicate death of 2 of us . And she start QQing and swearing a LOT , saying things about my mom and family, and that kind of stuff (you know , kids).

Anyways, i took a screenshot , im new to forums but im sick of these ragers that blame you for all ;P

http://i49.tinypic.com/27y98wo.png

I reported her but i dont even know if report are watched or something.

Triska

06-07-2012

If it only happened in the aftergame chat, you should send a ticket by clicking the Support link.

If she raged like that ingame, your report will hopefully bring them to the Tribunal where game chatlogs are visible.

PachuVR

06-07-2012

Oh thanks , nice then . She started raging at late game , and i tried to calmed her down . Justice will be done (:

TimeStartsNow

06-07-2012

Justice will be done? I really don't understand the need to expend anymore energy than it takes to mute someone as a punishment. You could ban them with maybe a reasonable rate of success, but muting them I feel is far more efficient form of punishment. Provided everyone does it EVERY time someone speaks abusively...Soon they'll learn their rants will fall on blind eyes and to cut it out.

That is my sentiment anyways. The Tribunal might just be as asinine as the war on drugs. Where "verbal abuse" would = marijuana and "troll feeding" = meth. I hope not though!

McJix

06-07-2012

Quote:
TimeStartsNow:
Justice will be done? I really don't understand the need to expend anymore energy than it takes to mute someone as a punishment.

True, but why should anyone have to put up with their foul rants in the first place? Maybe they'll learn their lesson just as well when they get banned for it, and just as well to mute them too.

But, come to think of it... the amount of the "Y WUZ I BANED?" posts I see here seems to indicate the offenders don't put 2 and 2 together.

TimeStartsNow

06-07-2012

They shouldn't have to put up with it thats why I'd take away their privilege to communicate. But to accomplish this you'd have to educate people to just mute abusive comments. So, it comes down to do you invest in education or court trials. Maybe both?

Off topic now though, but I feel more energy should go into education of the Summoner's Code.

Zaresin

06-08-2012

timestartsnow

You run the risk of being reported for not communicating with your team by muting them as you are unable to hear any pertinent information that person or persons you muted say. That includes pings. you run the risk of hurting your team. Also if you ever need to mute someone that person has succeeded in diminishing your gaming experience by forcing you to do this. That is a violation of the summoners code and counts as verbal abuse/negative attitude.

Zaresin

06-08-2012

Oh to original poster...please blank out the names using paint on that picture if you want to keep it posted to this forum. Calling out summoners on the forums by name can get you suspended. Just a heads up.

haanswin

06-08-2012

do you actually waste ur time, reporting these people? get a life man, go play a game or two during that time of screenshotting and reporting these obvious trolls to the "LoL police" xD such a massive waste of time, they are so not worth the time man, focus on the game, and just mute them WHO CARES.

TimeStartsNow

06-08-2012

I suspected that might be the final reasoning on mute vs report in my head. I think its great in theory if its actually possible punish people consistently and correctly for this. I still feel that if people knew they would instantly get muted for abusive comments, they wouldn't bother. Certainly wouldn't be as quick a solution as banning, but much more minimal and probably just as effective over time. Since it would ultimately affect their ability to win games as you pointed out, but if you can reach out to these people and correct their behavior then by all means do so.

Thank you for the clarification though, but I'll still never report someone for "verbal abuse" when I can just mute them.