Last hitting tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kard1nal

01-26-2012

I have been trying hard to get up my cs a lot. I would really like to get out of my 850 elo; and i think last hitting is my ticket out. Problem is, i can never get over 90 at 17minutes. Although everyone else's is much lower, i see pros getting like 200 at 22 minutes. I have mostly ArP marks for lategame and a few AD marks/quints. Are there any ways i can improve my last-hitting? Should i go more for early game damage/easier last hitting or keep the ArP for late-game ownage? What is a reasonable goal (ex: 100@15min?)

Edit: I have been practicing last-hitting with Ezreal but i would like to be able to get a good amount of cs with champs like cait/graves

Grant Belmont

01-26-2012

yea but who do you play?

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Really the only way to figure it out is to practice. They are pros partly because they practice LoL a TON. It really changes depending on your champion and even your enemy champions and players. At different times enemies could push extremely hard, last hitting under a turret is very difficult even with practice. If they harass you a ton you will have a hard time dealing with the creeps and them.

Last hitting does get a huge amount easier starting out with AD boosts but fighting in teamfights, armor pen is much more important as it is a % increase. (although pen is weakend by last wispered, it can be very powerful with other flat reduction.)

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Wait until minion HP bar is about a sliver, auto attack. Repeat and rinse. If you find that your attack animation is slow/that minion is being focused by your minions, attack slightly before that). Big creep wave? Use an AoE to clear them out, finishing with auto-attacks.

Don't auto-attack when they are at 100% HP - bad habit/idea.

BendyBread

01-26-2012

Last hitting won't save you from elo-hell, just putting it out there.

Pyr

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
It won't with that attitude.

ThorHammerz

01-26-2012

Quote:
It'll certainly make getting out a whole lot easier.... which by extension, does "save" you from elo-hell.

BendyBread

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecakoto View Post
It won't with that attitude.
Except I can co-operate with my teammates and we carry the game together.

Titan9900

01-26-2012

Some good tricks:
-If you are in the bottom lane and your jungler is top kill the golems. By the time your jungler gets to bottom lane again the golems should re spawn. ( Doing this gives really nice gold and is fairly simple)

- If you need to go back to base always try and push your lane out to the enemy tower. This way you don't lose to many creeps to your own tower.

- Make sure you don't kill your enemy tower to early , if you do this the enemy can keep the creep wave on their side and unless you want to be ganked it can be really risky to push your own lane.

-Grabbing enemy jungle is risky but really rewarding

Devious Rogue

01-28-2012

1: Practice in bot games. Intermediate bots are pretty good at laning provided you don't use bushes and you aren't fed.
2: Play a champ that last hits or farms easily. (Sion with his extra damage etc)
3: Jungle with a champ that can jungle
4: Play a champ that has a spammable nuke (Ryze with his Q)
5: Play a champ that has a farming-oriented ability (Master Yi's Alpha-strike, Nunu's consume)
6: Raid the jungle if you don't have a jungler or he doesn't need it at the moment (kill golems if he's helping top)

Think of it this way, there is a certain HP range within which, if you hit them, they will die and you will get the last hit. You need to learn where it is and how long it takes your attack to reach them. Then it's just attacking when they hit that limit.

Quote:
Last hitting alone may not save you from elo-hell, but NOT last hitting will definitely put you in elo-hell.