Tips for playing as Pantheon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noëlle

06-07-2012

Fairly new player, wondering how to play better as Pantheon. Could you guys give me some tips? Also, should I usually go top or mid?
Thanks in advance!

RelicOfThought

06-08-2012

Hello, Avarice:

Firstly, I'm wondering what your masteries and runes are, if you have them? Secondly, What are your current builds that you run with Pantheon?

Also, in response to your question, in the current meta you would fair best at top (in my opinion).

DrDooma

06-08-2012

Panth is usually played top, he is only run mid as a rare counter pick. Otherwise he is actually a very viable jungle with an okay clear time and moderate to strong ganks with his ultimate. Many current panths go for a armor piercing strategy, building a brutilizer and/or last whisper to deal greater damage against higher armor targets. The CDR in a brutilizer also helps him as many people play him as an ad caster more than an auto attacker. Because he spends so much time casting spells in a team fight building him for ad autos is not usually thought of as the best strategy. Most typical builds go, boots(mercs or nija), dorans (1-2), brutalizer, frozen mallet, last whisper, atma, (and then a maw or a ie depending on how much ap they have). Sell your dorans as you come to need space in your inventory.

If you play him top, the trick is to know when to harrass. His ability to jump, stun, poke, and retreat without out taking any damage is tricky to learn. Remember that his shield blocks the first auto. Usually a good way to do things is to harrass with your spear at range, then when the get close to last hit, melee them. With your shield up they often will simply take some hits rather than fight you. If they do turn to fight let them hit you once, it wont hurt. The second you get hit, jump them. This refreshes your sheild and stuns them. drop your spear poke. Most enemies with try to avoid this harrass and wont attack back. If they do your shield will protect you. After all this disengage, you do not want to take minnion harrass and all your cds will up off. wait until you have all your spells active and repeat.

Wakeen

06-08-2012

I jungle panth usually when i play him and I get a bloodrazer then go straight into a madreds since you usually get decent money off the ganking, After this I get the Frozen mallet for slowing and tankiness then either go blood thirster or IE, depending on what rune page i use. ( I have a straight crit damage page that i use sometimes over an AD page) I usually get the IE over the bloodthirster to proc with his heartseeker. After this i'll grab a tank item, depending on who is fed more, FON or Warmogs then the work from there. As for boots I take the level 5 boots with Run speed quints so that you can chase down or get away from anyone that you need to.