Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

why aren't people told the reasons for their punishment?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iatre

06-07-2012

Quote:
DebosBike:
A riot staff member reviews the cases before assigning the punishment so they know.

This is inaccurate. A staff member only reviews long suspensions (possibly only perma-bans, though I'm not sure).

C000kiemonstar

06-07-2012

Quote:
Carteret:
I'm just curious. I've never been punished or warned myself, and I hope never to be.

But I'm under the impression that, when people are punished, they aren't usually told the reasons. That's why we get a bunch of posts in here from people asking why they were banned.

Why not tell them automatically? Like, why not tell them it was leaverbuster, or give them the report-types that were reported, or whatever. I mean, we want people to be able to reform, that's why we have a progressive system of punishments. I understand that most of the time, people probably know what they were punished for, since it's obvious. But whats the harm in giving them the info anyways? It would help make sure things are clear, and maybe a little bit of clarity might mean that people reform a little bit more. So I see no harm, and a small possible gain.

I figured I'd make a thread about this, since honestly I can't think of a good reason. I can think of reasons, but they're not all that compelling in my head. Maybe you guys know?

They dont tell u even with personal messages becasue once they get the punish they dump the records...recently i got asked to say why i think i did on an old account, i replied there was no reason but they are welcome to post their reason and evidence, many emails later...wookie still was fishing for a reason becasue there was none. very old account issue

NecroticBinder

06-07-2012

Quote:
C000kiemonstar:
They dont tell u even with personal messages becasue once they get the punish they dump the records...recently i got asked to say why i think i did on an old account, i replied there was no reason but they are welcome to post their reason and evidence, many emails later...wookie still was fishing for a reason becasue there was none. very old account issue

This is untrue because Riot employee have looked up old cases, it'd be better if you didn't speak untruth as fact. Regardless of whether or not you know it to be true or not.

Note: Will edit this for a couple other responses

Quote:
iatre:
This is inaccurate. A staff member only reviews long suspensions (possibly only perma-bans, though I'm not sure).

This is inaccurate as well.a staff member is only guaranteed to review longer suspensions, but as verified by the forums of recent, they do check other types of suspensions as well, just not as often.

iatre

06-07-2012

Quote:
Methelod:
This is inaccurate as well.a staff member is only guaranteed to review longer suspensions, but as verified by the forums of recent, they do check other types of suspensions as well, just not as often.

Oh you know exactly what I meant, don't be a pedant. The poster I replied to claimed that every suspension is reviewed by a Riot employee.

Zaresin

06-07-2012

Quote:
iatre:

Its been stated that now they will only do audits (say every 100th case) to ensure that the system is working as intended now that they feel comfortable with the system they created. The only time a CS rep will review a case is the week or longer bans if I remember correctly. Or one that is sent in as a ticket.