Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is darius an op char ?

Yes 796 67.23%
No 388 32.77%
Voters 1184 .

Darius Op ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azkalas

10-27-2012

He has a too much extraordinary set of skills. Tbh, he have the same problem as released XZ: the synergy between his skills is just working too good! This leads him to overpowerness. Also, I can go further on this to say the numbers on his passive, Q and ult are way too good for a champion hard to kill [too tanky! You can't give that much AoE + damage to someone who can already soak loads of damage. This makes a champion overpower. He have no balance between defense and damage, he excels on both].

tunechai

10-28-2012

i see it as a problem of hes broken but not broken at the same time heres my opinion and heres how i think riot should fix it i wouldn't consider this as a nerf to anyone who plays darius (as i play him myself) its more of a fix to make him do just as much work to get a kill as all the other tanky dps champs and champs with ulti cooldown reductions. alright here's how it works for those who actually watch champion spotlight videos before QQ'ing about every champ being op before release. the initial purpose for DARIUS'S ULTI was to help him get pentakills and triple kills. i see this part as broken when you look at every other champion they all require skill to get a pentakill or triple kill and about 70% of these champions do it without their ulti refreshing or cool down reduction (as a passive for getting a kill or asist with it) darius however nukes his opponent with 5 hits so this leads to any darius player to build tanky dps. on the other hand its not godly op its just broken for how often he can use it. i would suggest this whenever darius gets a kill with his ulti the cool down is set to 8 seconds and the reason why i say 8 seconds is because at the current patch i'm writing this not elise has just been released and the current window of time a player has to rack up on streak kills is at 10 seconds this gives players a chance to kill him before he can set off another true damage nuke preventing him from being able to take out 2-3 people by himself also his passive makes him the best 1v1 at level 6 it would be better if darius passive did less damage and if he could get more stacks of hemorrage
to still equal the amount of bleed damage done at 5 stacks and still equal the amount of damage his ulti does at 5 stacks (that is if you do remake him) this takes away his element of being able to 5 hit someone then send of a nuke maybe allow him to go to 10 stacks. just as long as his bleed damage is put in half to equal same amount of damage 5 stacks of hemo does now and to equal same amount of damage 5 stacks of hemo + his ulti damage multiplier does now. I AM WELL AWARE THAT MASTER YI GETS HIS ULTI REFRESH AFTER KILL OR ASSIST BUT THE REASON WHY DARIUS NEEDS HIS FIXED IS BECAUSE DARIUS DOESN'T HAVE TO WORK FOR IT HE JUST NUKES YOU WHILE YI STILL HAS TO FIGHT HIS TARGET

MaximusEvil

10-28-2012

Quote:
GreenBlood05:
Darius OP ?

He's far from op, Hard CC can counter him fairly easy. Just dont feed him.

Krampus Claus

10-28-2012

I play a lot of Darius, and yes he's strong but damn does he have his weaknesses:
- disengage comps
- high burst, but low sustained damage
- falls off late game compared to AA based bruisers
- no natural sustain
- no escapes, and can be kited provided you stay out of range of his pull

I was just playing TT today as jungle Darius, and although I was up 7 kills mid game, their Vayne got some items on her and both Ryze and Jayce CC'd the **** out of me, such that I could never kill Vayne.

Oh yeah, who'se ACTUALLY OP? Still? Jayce. Similar amounts of damage, AND he has long range poke, AND has escapes, AND provides lots of utility for his team. Also Rengar, cause **** that guy.

Darius stomps all over lots of laners early game, but just get your jungler to gank the **** out of him, and try to farm at tower. Or play Jayce.

Azkalas

10-28-2012

Quote:
Krampus Claus:
I play a lot of Darius, and yes he's strong but damn does he have his weaknesses:
- disengage comps
- high burst, but low sustained damage
- falls off late game compared to AA based bruisers
- no natural sustain
- no escapes, and can be kited provided you stay out of range of his pull

I was just playing TT today as jungle Darius, and although I was up 7 kills mid game, their Vayne got some items on her and both Ryze and Jayce CC'd the **** out of me, such that I could never kill Vayne.

Oh yeah, who'se ACTUALLY OP? Still? Jayce. Similar amounts of damage, AND he has long range poke, AND has escapes, AND provides lots of utility for his team. Also Rengar, cause **** that guy.

Darius stomps all over lots of laners early game, but just get your jungler to gank the **** out of him, and try to farm at tower. Or play Jayce.

The fact of Rengar and Jayce OP doesn't mean Darius isn't. I play Darius too and I never got a negative score with him. He can pretty much excels on everything if played with patience and smart [players just falls cause they can't be patient and wait for the right time to engage. Pretty much what happens when you give a champion with so much offensive power to frag-hungerers]. I agree Rengar and Jayce are needing a huge nerf [goddamn, even my noob friend goes positive with Jayce doing many suicide and stupid bad moves]. Rengar should have a cooldown on that passive jump and the heal should really be lower [it's a ridiculous sustain as it stands. I personally think Rengar shoulkdn't even be able to heal himself. He already does a lot].

Darius skill set is as much ridiculous as these 2 champions, as he can soak way too much damage while doing a lot of AoE damage and mass executing targets with his ultimate, no to mention the CCd [displacer, wich isn't affected by merc treads {obviously} and his slow {he really doesn't need a slow to do his job tbh]. The DoT is even superior to rat's true damage and he can stack really easily with his AoEs, auto attacks and W [wich resets auto attack timer].

BeastKrzy

12-03-2012

Darius isn't OP, Your just QQing (Whining or Crying) because you lost to him, 1000+ True Damage. Easy to Counter with Kayle's Ulti and even if I was aganist Darius I wouldn't complain that he's OP. The reason you all hate him is because of his "Overpowered Ultimate", Well guess what? I seen people counter it and if you cant counter it don't QQ your just wasting your time and the Darius is like "IDGAF about it". So stop QQing and man up, I know you can beat that Darius even I could so if you cant and I could. Just play Co vs AI ok? Since you have no Skills most of you. Oh and last thing, If your going to Downvote this think about it every champion is the same Balanced Power, Every Champ has a Weakness like Darius too. So please be nice and think about it. If your going to post Negative Comments. Go ahead your loss and I just made this Post to bring you senses back, so If your going aganist Darius. Use Kayle or Teemo With great Harrassment to Darius. Happy Living

Dragonsbaine

12-03-2012

feel like OP got smacked around by a variant Darius build. A lot of people in TT either follow Darius's suggested build, or build their own tanky version. But every once in a while you come across someone with a ADC build and that version can tend to deal a ton of dmg. Because tanky Darius can very easily be countered with good teamwork and some CC, when they rush in on an ADC build, they don't expect the amount of dmg he dishes out before death.

Biggest problem here seems more like people thinking builds need to be constant, instead of situational. And thus getting countered by someone who was building Dar to fit the situation needed. Seriously Darius in no more OP then the numerous other champions that get called OP simply because people don't want to take the time and analyze the situation or what they could do differently to counter the threat.

Remember this might be an easy game to learn, but being pro at it takes a lot more then simply timing your attacks/abilities and having a good build. When facing the average player that might work, but against more skilled players you have to constantly think, and strategize. It's a lot like chess, you have to be several moves ahead of your opponent to be successful.

IamSoooFat4

12-04-2012

He is a great champ but his inability to escape makes him not op. If you look all over these forums there may as well be a single darius forum on countering him.

Environ

12-04-2012

Amumu with sunfire/blackfire more op.

Pebu

12-04-2012

No. He has no escapes and is easily countered.

Rengar, on the other hand...