Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tribunal needs to be dealt with

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbiqSpidA

06-07-2012

Today while logging on to League of Legends I was sitting in the Main Menu when a little message pops up saying my account has been banned and the game will now close. I tried to login again and it says my account is banned until June 14th. This upset me a bit because I had done nothing wrong to deserve a ban. Then when I try to ask for the reason I was banned they say they can't tell me, which leaves me thinking that they don't even review the Tribunal cases that are sent to them. The Tribunal is flat out broken because people can report you for literally anything. It could be that one bad game you had or they report you just because they are trolls. I know that I am not the only one that has had this problem and is banned for an unknown reason or for no reason at all. The Tribunal is nothing more than a way to make cheap IP and troll others by trying to get them banned.

All I know is this, I will no longer be putting any money towards this game, or support riot whatsoever if they are just going to ban people for absolutely no reason at all and if there is a reason not tell you. They say that if you're banned you need to work on whatever it is you did but how can you work on what you're doing wrong if they wont tell you the reason.

SimplyAlive

06-07-2012

You made this thread in January as well.

Chances are that there are some behaviour-related issues that make you receive bans on multiple occasions.

In these cases, your best bet is to review the Summoner's Code and compare it to your in-game behaviour. Are there any significant differences that could explain the suspension?

AbiqSpidA

06-07-2012

Quote:
SimplyAlive:
You made this thread in January as well.

Chances are that there are some behaviour-related issues that make you receive bans on multiple occasions.

In these cases, your best bet is to review the Summoner's Code and compare it to your in-game behaviour. Are there any significant differences that could explain the suspension?

In game I have all chat turned off to prevent harassment from the other team and if I get any kind of attitude or harassment from my own team I instantly mute them to prevent anything from being said. Only reason I can think of as to why I got banned is because I have had a few bad games where I haven't had a positive K/D. Those games where I do have bad scores my team instantly starts to rage so I mute them and try to improve.

Ravenkid

06-07-2012

Muting everyone protects you from harassment reports but opens you to non communicating reports???

AbiqSpidA

06-07-2012

Quote:
Ravenkid:
Muting everyone protects you from harassment reports but opens you to non communicating reports???

Which is completely unfair because the mute button is there for that reason. It's impossible to communicate with someone yelling at you, calling you names, and saying that you need to uninstall the game.

DebosBike

06-07-2012

The mute button is there as a last resort for players that are harassing you.

What you are doing sounds more like a "FINE THEN I'LL JUST DO THIS." You can't get back at the tribunal by not talking anymore, you need to correct your behavior or you will continue to be banned and eventually lose your account entirely to a permaban.

AbiqSpidA

06-07-2012

Quote:
DebosBike:
The mute button is there as a last resort for players that are harassing you.

What you are doing sounds more like a "FINE THEN I'LL JUST DO THIS." You can't get back at the tribunal by not talking anymore, you need to correct your behavior or you will continue to be banned and eventually lose your account entirely to a permaban.

The Tribunal is completely broken but as I have said before Riot cares nothing about it's community and is only in it now for the money.

magooomba

06-07-2012

Quote:
AbiqSpidA:
The Tribunal is completely broken but as I have said before Riot cares nothing about it's community and is only in it now for the money.

I'd suggest that the fact you've been banned (repeatedly) means that Riot does in fact care about it's community.

AbiqSpidA

06-07-2012

Quote:
magooomba:
I'd suggest that the fact you've been banned (repeatedly) means that Riot does in fact care about it's community.

I haven't been banned repeatedly. My last ban was months ago and Riot doesn't care about anything other than making money.

BigToasterWaffle

06-07-2012

It's possible that the way you let other players know you are muting them was harsh, saying something like "**** you noob I ignore you now" won't get you any smiley faces when I'm judging.