How much money do streamers make?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExordiaS

06-07-2012

Let's say a streamer has 1000 viewers, and he runs an ad, how much money would he make from that?

OG The Wizard

06-07-2012

$9001

Draven Pvt Ryan

06-07-2012

They can't discuss it because of their contract. But streams pay for pros living expenses so...

Shatterlight

06-07-2012

Enough to get a gumball out of the machine at the liquor store

MyUnit

06-07-2012

Don't quit your day job, or make it your career path

nondescriptt

06-07-2012

it's .2 cents per ad. that's not 2 cents per add. it's 2 cents per 10 ads. keep in mind people have adblock that prevents you from getting revenue.

ZombieRomero

06-07-2012

you make more getting subs on youtube

Nroberts15

06-07-2012

Varies based on a few factors:

1. Are people running adblock? This gets at how many people actually see the ad, which is the number that counts.
2. Number of viewers this person typically has. As I understand it, the higher the number of average viewers, the higher payout per advertisement.

You can't really say, "1,000 people saw this ad, $.02 per person, he just made $20". For example, I would imagine the SoloMid streamers make more per ad than I would if I started streaming and somehow got up to their viewer numbers because of the bargaining power they have. Their recent move to Twitch indicates that they are probably getting a better deal there.

This has been my understanding based on things I've read at one point or another, could be wrong.

fromLOMOstreet

06-07-2012

2-5$ per 1,000 viewers reviewed for 2 months and those who did not block ads pay towards the 2-5 and most streamers run 6 ads per hour with 1 ad after first loading the page ;o roughly ~33% of people block ads at a 300 viewer level but im sure the figure is higher for larger streamers.

Zoram

06-07-2012

I stream and make -$50