Straight AD vs. Tanky AD

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aqualisk

06-07-2012

I think the concept can still work on teams that run double AD. You can run a traditional AD carry in bot like Ashe, Cait, or whatever and then you can put Graves or Draven top. Your close range carry can build tankier top to counter bruisers and still deal reasonable damage.

acosn

06-07-2012

How you build depends largely on how your team is built, and how the other one is built.

That tanky Ashe build was by no means bad, but it's not the ideal build for her. I'd honestly only consider it if team comp was skewed in a way that made it hard for me to do my own job without having the entire enemy team be able to focus me without any real consequence.

Also, Darius doesn't need a frozen mallet, or at least has no business rushing it. Between all the MS mechanics he can gain, and the slow he can put on his enemy it honestly makes more sense to run MS driven items instead of a Frozen Mallet.

Honestly the only character in the game that really has any business trying to rush a Frozen Mallet is Olaf, and that's purely a consequence of him being able to convert HP into other resources.

Oresh

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualisk View Post
I think the concept can still work on teams that run double AD. You can run a traditional AD carry in bot like Ashe, Cait, or whatever and then you can put Graves or Draven top. Your close range carry can build tankier top to counter bruisers and still deal reasonable damage.
Hmm i never thought of this. Hmm, i think next time if there is an AD carry already, I might push a tanky Draven.

Oresh

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
How you build depends largely on how your team is built, and how the other one is built.

That tanky Ashe build was by no means bad, but it's not the ideal build for her. I'd honestly only consider it if team comp was skewed in a way that made it hard for me to do my own job without having the entire enemy team be able to focus me without any real consequence.

Also, Darius doesn't need a frozen mallet, or at least has no business rushing it. Between all the MS mechanics he can gain, and the slow he can put on his enemy it honestly makes more sense to run MS driven items instead of a Frozen Mallet.

Honestly the only character in the game that really has any business trying to rush a Frozen Mallet is Olaf, and that's purely a consequence of him being able to convert HP into other resources.
Yeah, i agree, he has no need to rush a Frozen Mallet, however, i disagree on him needing one. It's nice when your E is on CD to proc that slow on the, but that's my opinion.

Directw

06-07-2012

I believe all melee champions need to be tanky. Even for some champions like Tryn, Yi, or Talon should get GA as soon as the core items are complete.