Wouldnt Darius be balanced...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graszwhistle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzraTwitch View Post
So does Garen, So does Riven, So Does Pantheon. In Garen and Rivens case they can do that AND STILL NOT DIE TO GANKS. In Pantheon's case he can Gank Mid from top and has Global utility in the late game and is much less kitable.

Why would you choose Darius over any one of them when he has late game worse then a properly built Garen, Worse then a badly built Riven, and less utility then pantheon. He seriously isnt that good, expecially in the late game. His ratios are so low that to out put decent damage he has to build damage to have anything of value other then a short range grab and his ult which makes him explode from AoE damage (no focus required), or you build tanky, but do to your abysmally low ratios means you do no damage late game with anything other than your ult, but since the nerf to the grace period he doesn't even have that any more.

The reason people jump to those arguments, is because they are accurate reason why he isnt very good.

1: Wrong, Darius Bullies most tops out of lane who lack sustain and in doing so makes himself extremely vulnerable to ganks. I have literally seen a Darius get out farmed by a an Eve who started 13 health pots, that's freaking embarrassing.
2: No just no, Practically every tanky dps beats him late game, because he lacks sustain (even if building lifesteal), has no hard CC, and no steroids, and **** AD ratios.
3:Yea, that's true of pretty much any Tanky DPS that closes with a out of position carry, the difference is they have abilities that prevent them from flashing so they can even kill them with flash.

Pantheon: Cant Flash for 1.5 Seconds.
Riven: Cant Flash for 1 second if W and last Q timed properly.
Warwick: Cant Flash for 1.8 seconds
Garen: Cant Flash for 2.5 seconds.

Darius, isnt overrated and a terrible pick against competent players.

Excellent post. It's sad seeing it get downvotes by the multitude of bads.

Von Nicklesnout

06-07-2012

Quote:
However in every other aspect besides damage Garen is the clear victor.
Sustain.
CC.(What would you have, Darius yank the enemy AP carry into the middle of the team where unleashes his whole burst before dying, or Garen running into the middle of the enemy taking the focus and silenceing the AP carry where he does nothing before dying.)

Garen is better then Darius, learn math.
Garen has to actually run up to somebody with Decisive Strike in order to silence them, which makes him extremely susceptible to being kited like a Nooblord. Darius' pull has a 550 range, which is greater than a good deal of auto attack ranges for ranged heroes, and it's an AoE crowd control.

The fact that you actually cite "Sustain" for Garen is laughable too, since no competent player will just let Garen regen all of his health back with that oh so amazing passsive.

Hint: Italics denotes sarcasm.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromageEnroulent View Post
if his ult just DIDNT refresh?
Downvoted

EzraTwitch

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDerp Solo View Post
You posted a lot of words, but this is what I got out of it.
I said nothing about Solo, We are talking about starting team fights, Reading Comprehension OP.

Graszwhistle

06-07-2012

Quote:
You posted a lot of words, but this is what I got out of it.
So rather than give a rebuttal, your just going to proclaim you are incapable of having reading comprehension?

Really living up to your summoner name there.

EzraTwitch

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rope of Sand View Post
Garen has to actually run up to somebody with Decisive Strike in order to silence them, which makes him extremely susceptible to being kited like a Nooblord. Darius' pull has a 550 range, which is greater than a good deal of auto attack ranges for ranged heroes, and it's an AoE crowd control.

The fact that you actually cite "Sustain" for Garen is laughable too, since no competent player will just let Garen regen all of his health back with that oh so amazing passsive.

Hint: Italics denotes sarcasm.
First of all auto attacks are factored from character edge to character edge, and Spells are factored from character center to character center, so his pull is in fact about 100 less then the lowest range AD's (Dont believe me, go into a custom with Anni, aa a creature then cast Q on the same creature, both have 625 range) but she will have to step forward to cast.

Since Darius doesnt silence them on pull, and the pull doesn't apply hemmorage stacks, he is just as kitable the main difference is (assuming where not idiots and focusing tanks here).

Darius lands his pull, they blow flash.
Garen lands his silence, They Die.

Darius is kitable after landing his CC where as Garen is only kitable up until the point he lands his CC

Does Garen have less sustain then Irelia abosolutely, but where not comparing Garen to Irelia where comparing him to Darius. Who has no sustain at all.

iDerp Solo

06-07-2012

Quote:
I said nothing about Solo, We are talking about starting team fights, Reading Comprehension OP.
Not to get personal, but were you on the legal team that wanted to argue the definition of the word "is" ?

Your example clearly indicated individual champions entering the middle of the enemy teams - even if you never said the word "solo". And to answer the question, I'd much rather the enemy AP carry run into the middle of my team, than for my Garen to spin into the middle of your team.

If you want to pretend that you weren't referring to "on their own" - then the question becomes: "Two teams rush into each other. One team has an AP carry and the other team has a Garen. Which team is in a better situation?" And now your position loses all credibility because you are comparing a specific champion with a role that the champion doesn't even play.

Von Nicklesnout

06-07-2012

Quote:
Since Darius doesnt silence them on pull, and the pull doesn't apply hemmorage stacks, he is just as kitable the main difference is (assuming where not idiots and focusing tanks here).

Darius lands his pull, they blow flash.
Garen lands his silence, They Die.

Darius is kitable after landing his CC where as Garen is only kitable up until the point he lands his CC

Does Garen have less sustain then Irelia abosolutely, but where not comparing Garen to Irelia where comparing him to Darius. Who has no sustain at all.
You make it sound like people will just let Garen waltz into them and silence somebody. It won't happen, and even if you do manage to silence the carry, popular picks like Nautilus/Alistar/Soraka, etc will just make your life harder to do anything either by CC or doing heals.

Please, stop trying to compare Darius to Garen because Darius' true damage and his bleeds make up for the lack of sustain he has by giving him an early game edge like Pantheon, another hero that has no innate sustain.

As Xypherous himself has even said, Silences are very rarely used on champions because you know, their effects in team fights are pretty ****ed rickety at best. You either get a kill from it and disable the opponent, or you know, nothing happens.

An AoE pull/disruption is all around better than a "HURPA DURPA I'M RUNNING AT YOU, PLEASE CC ME" attack. Especially when the pull trades the ability to apply Hemhorrage for a passive 25% armor penetration.

Delimon

06-07-2012

Nah, I like the refresh, it was just done wrong. Same with his passive. They changed what I wanted to be changed and he's in a good spot now.

Graszwhistle

06-07-2012

Quote:
Not to get personal, but were you on the legal team that wanted to argue the definition of the word "is" ?

Your example clearly indicated individual champions entering the middle of the enemy teams - even if you never said the word "solo". And to answer the question, I'd much rather the enemy AP carry run into the middle of my team, than for my Garen to spin into the middle of your team.

If you want to pretend that you weren't referring to "on their own" - then the question becomes: "Two teams rush into each other. One team has an AP carry and the other team has a Garen. Which team is in a better situation?" And now your position loses all credibility because you are comparing a specific champion with a role that the champion doesn't even play.

god you are so terrible

watching you try to argue is like seeing a train wreck in slow motion