Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@RIOT ( Trolling in Champ Select )

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soulxshift

06-07-2012

Riot I am sick of people joining champ select and having some random troll start saying stuff about our mothers and assuming that the color of our skin makes us less human and for no good reason saying that we are all bad we need to l2p and uninstall ect.

We need a system that deals with these issues and does not ignore them like our current system does. Give us a report function in champ select that go's to tribunal with the chat logs and champion / summoner spells.

I am really getting sick of this and the thing that makes it so bad is knowing that they will not be held responsible for it.

Freedom of speech is something that we all have a right to but with that right you are also held accountable for your actions as an example. If you are standing next to me and you say the things that these people say I have the right to take action, there are few people that are willing to just say these things when they know that you are right there and can take action and stop them, but over the internet people cant really do anything to them.

Australia has laws currently against cyber bullying where these people are held accountable for what they do on the internet. I do not think that any law should prevent freedom of speech but i think people need to be held accountable for what it is that they say and do and when people are not held accountable you say and do things that are only said to cause harm or distress to other people.

I don't really care what you say about me but I do care about why you said it, if you say something to cause harm or distress I can claim that you are assaulting me and I can even take you to court and as long as I can prove that there was intent to cause harm or distress you will pay for it and thus be held accountable. If you don't know what i am talking about look up some court cases about verbal assault.

TLDR Give us a report function in champ select that go's to tribunal with the chat logs and champion / summoner spells.

Heaviest Flow

06-07-2012

Yeah the tribunal should definitely incorporate pre/post game chat lobby.
A way to report them now though for this attitude is to take a screen shot and e-mail Riot.

soulxshift

06-07-2012

Quote:
Heaviest Flow:
A way to report them now though for this attitude is to take a screen shot and e-mail Riot.

I have done this but they never get punished I keep the name of the person and I look up their match history every day for about a week and usually they play several games every day without any suspensions this makes me feel like my efforts are wasted.

soulxshift

06-07-2012

I am watching a stream where Colby CheeZe just got trolled in champ select sad that nothing will be done about it.

Carteret

06-07-2012

Quote:
Heaviest Flow:

I wholeheartedly agree, and there should be a report button in champ select. Because people can dodge. I know it's looked down upon, but I'm sure we all agree it's not a huge offense to dodge when a teammate starts talking about someone's mom. It would be nice if they could report before dodging.

Nexussuxen

06-07-2012

I agree too. This is actually really important for scenarios where someone picks something that blatantly hurts the team or is just plain rude. It seems like every few days, I encounter someone who enters champ select by greeting us in some sort of profane or racist language about how stupid we all are. Point is, this is definitely something that also needs to be regulated somehow.