Watching stream vs. Solo Q

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rounder22

06-07-2012

I watch a lot of streams. Oddone, saint, bob, phantom, etc. I recently started playing ranked and what I'm figuring out is there is a huge difference in the play between what I see on stream and what I experience in the 1150 elo range.

So my question is how best to deal and adapt with the poor play I see at my elo. I don't pretend to play perfect either.

I've been playing since last August and unfortunately I think I waited too long to start playing ranked. I have about 1200 normals played and only about 40 ranked. Due to life and work I probably watch 6 hours of stream a day (I enjoy it) and only have time to play on average about 2 hours per day.

I guess I have to learn how to take advantage of the poor play of opponents, make fewer mistakes of my own and try to limit the mistakes of teammates.

midillusion

06-07-2012

The more ranked games you play, the more you will learn to predict the actions of the players in your ELO range. These actions will likely be different to what you see at 2100 ELO, but you can still apply what you see on the streams to your own games, simply because many players watch the streams and most of them try to emulate the top players, and will copy them to the letter without thinking "why am I doing this." You can use this to your advantage.

xCry0x

06-07-2012

You watch 'only' 6 hours of streams and play 'only' 2 hours a day? That is 8 hours a day of LoL!

If anything you learn how wrong the know-it-alls can be in solo Q. Lots of people like to tell everyone what to do, especially when they don't actually know what to do themselves.