Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should the tribunal Ban people right away or review the games not just the reports

Yes, They need to review the games not just the reports 7 63.64%
No 4 36.36%
Voters 11 .

The Tribunal is doing it wrong

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HoneyBadgerDGS

06-07-2012

I think that the tribunal should find a way to review the game other than the reports because its not fair that someone can talk non stop trash to you and you cant respond becuase your gonna get banned. Things to change.
1. Review games before penelty
2.Dont ban find a different punishment
Reasons that Banning people is not right and is a stupid idea.
1. People pay MONEY for this game you shouldnt ban them THEY PAY'D you money and then because some lil kid talked trash to them and they said something back they got banned.
2. It is pointless and hurts the community i think, because they are just gonna make smurfs and dominate newer players and make the game less fun for the newer players.
Fix these problems Please riot /Tribunal.

Heaviest Flow

06-07-2012

You think people should be able to pay for the right to act like jerks?
That they should receive a lesser punishment when they are ruining the community?
Grow up.

SimplyAlive

06-07-2012

1. Reviewing all reports before penalties is undoable. The Tribunal acts as a filter to give Riot attention to the repeat offenders.
2. Could be done, but bans need to exist as well.
3. Money does not excuse bad behaviour.
4. That is an issue with F2P games in general and is tough to tackle.

Fatalitea

06-07-2012

to be honest i report EVERYONE EVERY GAME.
why you may ask? because the tribunal is a broken system that awards players to just auto ban so thats 9 reports everygame that i send

so dont use a foul word. dont tell someone how to play. and do not go afk for any length of time,

SimplyAlive

06-07-2012

Quote:
tréétæFnR:
to be honest i report EVERYONE EVERY GAME.
why you may ask? because the tribunal is a broken system that awards players to just auto ban so thats 9 reports everygame that i send

Enjoy your worthless reports then, as Riot has certain measurements against people like you.

I'll lety you do the search yourself. It rhymes with 'edibility'.

Fatalitea

06-07-2012

no its not worthless if i see 1 bad word thats a report if you tell a player to go to a lane or do something else thats harassment. if you die more than 8 times feedings. so there is always ways to report someone. so get over it kid.

SimplyAlive

06-07-2012

Quote:
tréétæFnR:
no its not worthless if i see 1 bad word thats a report if you tell a player to go to a lane or do something else thats harassment. if you die more than 8 times feedings. so there is always ways to report someone. so get over it kid.

You didn't understand me.
You made your own reports worthless. The system essentially ignores your reports if you truly reported 9 players per match.

I am not the one who needs to get over it. Something tells me you have been suspended and are now bitter against the system.

Animus Stoat

06-07-2012

The only flaw I currently see with the Tribunal System is that the timer was reduced to 20 seconds, helping to foster the attitude of many Tribunal workers to reach a verdict within the first report, hit a button, and move on.

I read every report. I simply cannot count the number of times I've had cases where the first report had intentional feeding as the reason with no clear evidence of it happening, the second report will have the person type like, 3-4 chat lines in total with no evidence of wrongdoing, and then it's the third report where they've gone off and said crude things about people's mothers and suspected sexual orientation.

I get my weekly Emails informing me of voting accuracy and rewards and I am simply tired of my votes not being in line with everyone else's votes because they were lazy.

At the moment I'm running an experiment to determine once and for all if this is happening. I have the remainder of this week to tally the numbers and then verify it against the Email notices I'll receive.

theshim

06-07-2012

Quote:
SimplyAlive:
You made your own reports worthless. The system essentially ignores your reports if you truly reported 9 players per match.

More accurately, the system lessens the weight of someone who spams reports. If you do report everyone every match you play, your reports by now are effectively worthless to the system - it won't take them into account.

Irongrinder

06-07-2012

Your poll is a bit imbalanced, in my opinion, in terms of options.

"Yes, they need to review the games not just the reports"

vs.

"No"

It kinda shows a bias that could skew the results.