Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

elo question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Souul Reaper

06-07-2012

ive been doing some ranked on eu and i have a question.

for the first 10 games i didnt have any elo and it didnt show any +/- after the game.

for my 11th game i gained 35 elo, but i see my friends only have like +/- 14 each game.

so how are elo gains/ losses calculated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xskizzx

06-07-2012

Quote:
Souul Reaper:
ive been doing some ranked on eu and i have a question.

for the first 10 games i didnt have any elo and it didnt show any +/- after the game.

for my 11th game i gained 35 elo, but i see my friends only have like +/- 14 each game.

so how are elo gains/ losses calculated?

You won't get an ELO for your preliminary matches.. It is secretly placing you in different brackets depending on how well you do. Before your ELO stabilizes you will receive more/less ELO per win. As time goes by you should start to end up near where your friends are at the + - 14.. I have over 300 ranked games this season and I get about 12-13 elo loss/gain per match.