Tinity Force vs Phantom Dancer (MS)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

treef0rm

06-07-2012

Originally, phantom dancer gave more movement speed than trinity force, with PD being 15% and TF being 12%.

After the nerfs, PD was brought down to 12% but trinity wasnt brought down to match, im just curious why? I guess PD's ms could have been too high and 12% is a good balanced amount, but PD is meant more for movement than trinity is, or at least used to be.

I guess what im trying to get at here is that trinity is supposed to be a balance of three items while phantom dancer is a more specific item, aimed towards DPS and movement (just as phage and sheen have their more specific upgrades).

Shouldn't phantom dancer therefore have a bit higher stats toward movement still than trinity?

Aggressive Ewe

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by treef0rm View Post
Originally, phantom dancer gave more movement speed than trinity force, with PD being 15% and TF being 12%.

After the nerfs, PD was brought down to 12% but trinity wasnt brought down to match, im just curious why? I guess PD's ms could have been too high and 12% is a good balanced amount, but PD is meant more for movement than trinity is, or at least used to be.
people stack PD. People do not stack Trin.

axesandspears

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Ewe View Post
people stack PD. People do not stack Trin.
As a larger item, the movespeed on Trinity Force is also a much smaller portion of its benefit. One is paying about 140-150% more gold anyway, so why shouldn't it give the same movespeed?