Solo Top 50 12.47%
Mid 34 8.48%
Jungler 155 38.65%
AD Carry 76 18.95%
Support 86 21.45%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Hardest role to play?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CragBlade

06-07-2012

Solo top?
Mid?
Jungler?
AD carry?
Support?

Which do you find the hardest? Not just to play, but the easiest to lose and also which one do you think is the hardest to play mentally? Do you feel horrible for losing your main role or do people try to make you feel bad for losing more than they should? Is a solo lane harder or is the duo lane harder because of your partner?

nitu

06-07-2012

I'd say either solo top vs 2 or a Jungler with a Solo top vs 2.

keymash

06-07-2012

Honestly? I agree solo top can sometimes be tough, but I would have to say dedicated support during the laning phase. If you are stuck with a bad carry, well... The support cops the blame over half the time and there is very little you can do to help him/her if they just run in and die over and over. People nearly always take the carries side over the support. I've noticed this more so when I solo top or mid and bottom lane is failing. about 75% of the time everyone throws abuse at the support. I played Janna and went 0/0/36 and was called by 2 enemies and one ally the "best Janna ever". For more than just the laning phase my team believed it was me failing because graves went 0/4 before everyone was roaming. No support can save someone who is suicidal.

Kimimaro49

06-07-2012

From my experience it's the jungle. In Solo queue you have to be able to synergize with 3-4 random persons, you need to have the most map awareness of all players, while being underfarmed and underleveled. You have to be flexible, because every enemy in the jungle counterjungles and ganks diffrent. In my opinion this is also the reason why the jungle is the most flamed role in the game, because its the hardest.

After that it's the midlane, it's the most vulnerable lane, because it can be ganked easily and you are, if you aren't galio, the squishiest champ in early game.

ICY ARC

06-07-2012

I find support the harder role it not because I can not play it but because the bot ad carry rage if you make a mistake or even if you doing really good they might not be and it make it harder.

I do play a lot solo top and by far it a easy lane you do not have to worry about to much in the lane.

@Kimimaro49 I would say yea for solo queue and the synergize thing but the role of it is not all that hard to do.

Dro Cheney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Personally I feel like top lane is the easiest to lose/win, and it's always a landslide victory for one person in top lane, the reason I say this is the pure distance between the lane and base, and the manipulation of the minion waves, that happens in top lane, it requires a lot more knowledge to reset your lane, freeze it properly, and knowing how to laneclog, ward positioning depending on your side of the map, and the infamous level two ganks and the sheer availability of entrances for ganking that can't be covered by simply a single ward, after this I would say Jungling is the hardest due to the need to be able to cooperate with your team, picking and choosing ganks, knowing when a lane is lost, and trying to give people hope afterwords, especially because the flak you get if the other jungler 'ganks' more than you do. Invasions are common now too and it can ruin your game before the game even starts, your knowledge of pathing in the jungle comes into play, and if you can't keep up with the pace, or know how to counter certain enemy jungler strategies your team falls apart. It's also easy to bait your teammates as a jungler, and you need to type/ping a fair amount to get across your points. The worst thing to do as a jungler, is to walk into someone's lane without telling them, and than wondering why they didn't help, Laners should be watching but it's your Communication that needs work, even if they can't look at the map while farming.

All in All bot lane is more of a farm fest most of the time, and Mid lane is safer because the amount of escapes you often have, along with just a ton of CC, and flash galore.

keymash

06-07-2012

Those are good points about jungling and mid, the only thing I hate about mid lane is that is the most vulnerable lane. Although I would still have to say that dedicated support is equally if not harder. Spending all that money on wards when the enemies usually counter-ward too, or wait for the support to ward a high priority or common area and gank them.. It isn't as easy as people seem to think most of the time.

CragBlade

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICY ARC View Post
I find support the harder role it not because I can not play it but because the bot ad carry rage if you make a mistake or even if you doing really good they might not be and it make it harder.

I do play a lot solo top and by far it a easy lane you do not have to worry about to much in the lane.

@Kimimaro49 I would say yea for solo queue and the synergize thing but the role of it is not all that hard to do.
Hardest lane to escape from ganks, If you die once you are at an extreme disadvantage, Somewhat hard to gank for if the top laner knows how to ward properly etc.,

Zaylin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioAaron View Post
Hardest lane to escape from ganks, If you die once you are at an extreme disadvantage, Somewhat hard to gank for if the top laner knows how to ward properly etc.,
If you're playing top, the ganks can only come from either river, or if you're extended enough, the top tribush. And with a single ward, you can cover not only a good portion of river, but the river entrance to the top tribrush, meaning you can only be ganked if they go through your jungle. Which is a risky move on their jungler's part.

I'd even go as far as to say that it's the easiest lane as far as avoiding ganks goes. With proper warding, you really shouldn't be getting surprised by ganks, aside from champions like Nocturne, Shaco, Shyvanna, etc.

I'd say Jungle is hands down the hardest role to play.
You have to be directly involved with 3 lanes, your jungle, and the enemies jungle.

Gildedboy

06-07-2012

support or jungle

12345 ... 6