Who is the best jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zartos2608

06-07-2012

Hi guys, I heard that their are really good junglers, but who is the best?

Pieceofcandy

06-07-2012

These is no "best" jungler, each champion has their own weaknesses and champions that that exploit them.

MorderX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

It really depends what you are looking for, some are better for ganking, some others for clearing the jungle quickly. There is no "best" jungler. It's all about what you enjoy playing.

Personally, I really like to jungle with Alistar, his gank are strong, he can neutralizes someone long enough for your ally to kill him.

According to Reign of Gaming, the strongest junglers are:

Lee Sin, Udyr, Dr. Mundo, Nocturne, Jarvan IV, Maokai, Nautilus, Skarner, Trundle, Alistar, Riven, Shyvana, Olaf, Amumu, Malphite, Cho'Gath, Shaco.

qwertyrandom

06-07-2012

Depends on what type of jungler you want. For example i would suggest Skarner for a ganking jungler cos he pulls of some pretty amazing ganks. Also lee sin is another great ganker.

For clear times i would suggest Shyvana or Dr Mundo.

Desqt

06-07-2012

Like what Pieceofcandy said, "These is no "best" jungler" But some junglers that I feel are good are Wukong because of his dmg, ult in team fights, and he has an escape tool. Another would be Lee Sin, his early game dmg is amazing, he has good sustain in the jungle and hes very quick in clearing. Plus his ganks are very strong. Shyvana and Mundo are very powerful junglers as well. These are base on opinions and it really depends on what you like.

alaskaneagle

06-07-2012

who was the junger who won the last tournament? I think he might be the best jungler. I didn't see the last one though.

Emerald Owl

06-07-2012

^ What's with the 54367?

TheAporoMission

06-07-2012

i personally think udyr

KneeShot

06-07-2012

instead of thinking who is the best, why not thinking what makes a jungler better than others

WW is best for someone new to jungling, his sustain and kit makes player easy to get the feeling of what is jungling (but he needs to get to level 6 before ganking, though)

MorderX have the point of the strength of different junglers

brashorc

06-07-2012

Generally, a jungler's strengths can be split into to catagories: Clear time and Rate of Success with Ganks (before and after 6).

Some champions have extremely strong early ganks like Shaco, Alistar, Lee Sin because their skill set lets them get in close at low levels and disable the enemy team with cc. Often, if the enemy team is not paying attention to these champions and do not ward to see them come in, then these champions often snowball out of controll thanks to early ganks. Though, this sort of aggressive game play is not recommended for people just starting out as a jungler, because this strategy requires fairly decent skills at recongizing whether or not you can successfully gank early and teammates who are smart enough to know that you will come in for an early gank.

There are many champions with exceedingly fast clear times (thanks to the new masteries and the jungle overhaul). Champions like, Skarner, Warwick, Hecarim clear the jungle insanely fast thanks to spamable aoe and unreal sustain. However, this is balanced with these champions having a difficult time ganking before hitting level six, as they either lack a good gap closer or lack hard cc until level six.
These champions are recommended as, it is more forgiving for them to say die in a gank and get back in the jungle then it is for more gank centric champions and they jungle fast enough that their exp should stay at a pretty high level. Further, these champions can counter jungle, because of their high clear times, so that when the enemy ganks, they can either: Help their teammate or steal an important buff or camp.