Tank Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

Manamune/Archangels
Frozen Heart
Banshee's Veil
Aegis
Merc treads

Discuss.

TheBestDD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2010

kassadin is all about burst damage ... tank kassadin is a fail.

Redenbacher

09-20-2010

Amongst no better option and a tank is necessary? I suppose. You're relying on a blink/slow for initiation, which suffice to say there are much better options for initiation out there.

Furthermore, you're not doing anything for damage because you've got no AP with the exception of the 3% from Archangels and it's innate Blasting Rod. There's no reason for the enemy team to even give you a second thought. You'll blink in, slow them, and they'll just go for your teammates who are running in behind you. Let's not forget that if you have no charges on Force Pulse - there goes your initiation technique.

If you were going to pull this off even remotely effectively, it would have to be done with RoA (possibly x2), perhaps Rylai's, and then Mitigation such as the items you mentioned, most specifically Abyssal Scepter, Randuin's, and Banshee's Veil. Frozen Heart's not bad either, but that depends on the enemy team. However, you wouldn't have effective charges on RoA until later, postponing your effectiveness as a tank...

DrDragun

09-20-2010

I never tried it but I'm doubtful.

Even the base damage on E is decent with no AP (and it has a 5s cooldown and is always charged in teamfights), but they still might ignore you like Redenbacher said. However I think since it's a "surprise" build they would still DPS you because most players are conditioned to burn Kassadin on sight.

Now for the big problem though - Kassadin has no native tank skills or mitigation, and mediocre hitpoints. Trying to counter that purely with items takes a huge amount of farm.

DramaticBear

09-20-2010

Looked at his passive, thought what the **** it might work.

Redenbacher

09-20-2010

Yea... his passive really doesn't make any sense given his skill set and general playstyle. I'd rather it translate magic damage in to CDR or AP. Or just take your AP and turn it in to CDR, or mana recoup on spell damage. I don't know... but AS? ...not even a hybrid build lends itself to survivability to take those hits anyway. Not to mention his SILENCE works against taking any spell damage for that to work...

But hell, give it a shot? If it works, awesome. If not, well then you know

EchoRex

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticBear View Post
Looked at his passive, thought what the **** it might work.
It can work.

A Abyssal and Rylai's are much needed for it to be effective.

Serker

09-20-2010

The Aegis is overkill.
Swap out the Aegis for a Mejais if you truly want to get your moneys worth out of this tank kassadin build.
Its a slow roll at the start but once kassadin gets a few stacks on TOP of the fact that hes near impossible to kill with Frozen Heart, Banshee's, and Cleanse, and you'll find that he's just as deadly as Glass Cannon kass.

Also, Boots of Swiftness or Mobility are just as effective as Merc Treads on Tank Kass

Deaths Envoy

09-20-2010

you need a void staff to make it work well. since you get little to no ap you need some magic pen to help out. tank kassadin is all about having a ton of survivability and being able to stack riftwalk to insane amounts to do damage.

Combustable

09-20-2010

No.