does duo-queing increase chances of getting to a higher elo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Souul Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

or do you gain less elo for a duo?

Artemis Enterori

06-07-2012

No

What decides the elo you will gain/lose is the elo difference. If you play with lower elo player and lose, you will lose more elo. If you lose against higher elo players, you will lose less. Same for victories, more elo against stronger players, and less for the ones with a lower elo. I think xD

However, duo queing is good to raise your elo, as long as you know the person well. Skype helps a lot with communication and will allow to set up better ganks and react faster. Duo queue will probably help you raise your elo.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2012

If you queue with a person who is lower than his true elo, it's probably going to work out. If you queue with someone at his true elo, you're reducing the variance (one less chance of an afk/leaver/troll on your team). It'll work out, but with a lower success rate than the former option. For obvious reasons, make sure not to queue with someone higher than his true elo. How you determine that is up to you.

Dane Belthound

06-07-2012

If you work well with the person yes. Me and my bro dominate bottom lane, and have won 75% of our games. We just started duoing like 2 weeks ago. It has been a nice change. We can basically secure one lane which helps a lot.

Kyrim

06-07-2012

I am a firm disbeliever in duo-queuing. I think it creates an imbalance throughout the elo. If you are unable to cope with the 4 other teammates on your team, filling in, and taking the trolly/afk/feeder loses when they arise; then you need more practice. It happens to EVERYONE in solo queue you aren't special. Half the time you get someone that is trolly/afk/feeder is because they don't have their duo to carry them up higher and they feel cocky/confident, thus losing the game for the others because their playstyle does come to par with the other participants in said match.

~my2cents

midillusion

06-07-2012

Yes, duo queuing will reduce the chance of you getting an afker or troller in your team. However, duo queuing will NOT magically increase your skill level and put you at an ELO where you don't belong, unless you do it with a 2100 ELO player (good luck with that!).

Kaoelith

06-07-2012

Duo queue increases your chance to get a good player by 1/5 so you have a 3/5 chance to get a troll, plus if you and your friend are good at two certain lanes it normally ends up being better because you both have a better chance of not losing your lane compared to random trolls you will see going **** like ap garen, i know he has no ratios for AP but trolls don't know that

Tripc0de

06-07-2012

most duo's that are equal in elo lose in my range(1600's);

they get matched with players 50-200 elo above theirs, making it extremely hard for them to compare.

arcticnerd

06-07-2012

Only if you and your partner play well together and win matches does your elo increase faster. Plus its more fun!

StrmCkr

06-07-2012

i duo with 1900+ players all the time, we win 80% of our matches how ever the increase for me is between 7- 4 {a less elo gain} per game {compared to solo of 13 )

however when we loss i only lose between 6 - 4, and my partner loses 13
thus he takes the most punishment for being in the game.

skill is still a requirment to play well, effectivly in any range of "elo" so dont think this alone generates free elo.

what does it do for the opponents we play with?
we end up playing aginst 1400 - 1700 players on average.

instead of me facing off against other 1000 - 1200 players {where my elo currently sits}

can it be used to climb - sure it will inflate elo but it takes 2x as many games to get anywhere compared to the +13 elo gain from a win inside your own rating.

ontop of this your friend risks the most and may not want to "decrease" his elo on losses that may occur.