LoL Graphics Card Requirements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xZRicoZx

06-06-2012

Hey guys!
So recently I've decided to get a new laptop but because I want to use it for gaming and educational purposes, I decided to get a light, versatile notebook. I was browsing through the inter-webs and the HP Envy Spectre XT caught my eyes. It is a ultra book that is quite light ( on par if not better than Mac-Book Air) and has decent system specs.

Price is not the issue here so here are my configurations for it:

Processor 3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3667U Processor
Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Memory 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm) *#(I cannot upgrade this any further since it is only single Dimm)#*
Hard drive 256GB SSD
Display 13.3" diagonal HD BrightView LED- backlit Display (1366 x 768)

So the question is, do you think this computer will be able to run Lol with out lag? If you have other light, portable laptops recommendations, please feel free to leave a comment!
P.S. This rigs gonna cost me $ 1600
Thanks in advance!
-Cheers Rico

Vlyigi

06-06-2012

Yes. I can run LoL on my laptop at 60 fps using intel HD 3000.

Oh and honestly you're wasting money on that laptop. It's not worth 1600 dollars.

Vicvictorw

06-06-2012

Laptops and gaming generally don't mix too well.

My vote is for a desktop.

But if you insist, LoL really isn't all that demanding. Any average market computer should be able to handle it with little issue.

Iconqt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

1600 for that? **** no.

you may as well spend another 400 for an alienware if you're going to buy a pre-built comp

Boloney

06-06-2012

Way overpriced.

And if you plan on using the laptop for gaming, avoid anything without a dedicated graphics card. IE, make sure it has a Radeon or GeForce graphics card.

Czxr

06-06-2012

Rule number 1 of getting a PC for gaming: Don't get a laptop.
Rule number 2 : Don't get Alienware.

Both will be overpriced and of mediocre performance.

Also, if you're paying $1600 and not even getting a dedicated graphics card you're getting ripped off.

N0G00dN4m3sL3ft

06-06-2012

You can run the game on low no problem, but you won't be able to play games like BF3, the integrated HD 4000 is cr@p compared to a real GPU. If you bought a true gaming laptop for $850 you could play the latest and greatest games like Crysis 2, not gunna happen with the HD 4000. If you want a gaming laptop, get used to 8 or 9 pounds, you can't make a one and a half pound gaming machine.

peteleetzor

06-06-2012

usually laptop pass 1200 has dedicated graphic card.

airhighslash

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0G00dN4m3sL3ft View Post
You can run the game on low no problem, but you won't be able to play games like BF3, the integrated HD 4000 is cr@p compared to a real GPU. If you bought a true gaming laptop for $850 you could play the latest and greatest games like Crysis 2, not gunna happen with the HD 4000. If you want a gaming laptop, get used to 8 or 9 pounds, you can't make a one and a half pound gaming machine.
All intergrated graphics are sht for games like crysis, diablo 3, and games like those.

Zebulone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

If you're paying over $500 and not getting a dedicated GPU, you're getting ripped off.

1. Don't buy a laptop.
2. Don't buy Alienware.
3. You should build your own. Buy from Newegg.