Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Beating Solo Top Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamminoberon

06-06-2012

I have been seeing Kayle solo top more often these days and she is a bit of a pain with her sustain, slow and ranged damage. Anyone has any tips countering her?
Note, I could counter pick her with Yorick or GP, someone with ranged harass and sustain, but having lots of trouble using Wu Kong or Garen against her. As soon as I close distance to attack her then I face her slow and some serious sustained damage while she heals the damage I dealt.

Kaoelith

Recruiter

06-07-2012

GP will lose against a good kayle unless he has crit runes then it is all RNG

teemo is a decent counter with blind and dot poking
yorick is just a beast against anyone

kayle is in a very good spot where it is all based on skill for her to be good or get owned

acosn

06-07-2012

All you really have to do is dupe out her E and make her waste mana. She'll push out her lane and she won't have the mana to make anything happen.

Kayle simply can't compete with most sustain driven solo top characters. At best she can hope to fight characters like Warwick to a standstill, but characters like Yorik shouldn't have too much trouble wrecking her ****.

As long as you can keep at-pace with her gear curve you should do fine. The bigger question is how you intend to wrangle with her late game when / if she gets near her end game. Even if her ult is the bottom of the barrel in terms of invulnerability mechanics it still basically lets one character laugh at your own team's heaviest hitting combos.

ikillutwice

06-08-2012

anyone who can jump in and out to piss her off
When she uses her aoe she pushes hard core so if u jump in as someone like Wukong then wait for her to pop her aoe then stealth out. She will push to your tower all game easy for a jungler to gank

Very annoying thing to have a foe do as kayle is pink ward.
For kayle to farm well she pushes, if she pushes she needs a ward for ganks pink wards piss her off

Cenerae

06-08-2012

If the Kayle's being aggressive (she should be), she'll be pushing the lane pretty hard through the splash on her E. Since she lacks any innate escape tools, this makes her fairly easy to gank. Even when she reaches level 6, her ult won't help too much if she's greatly overextended.

Basically, have her aggression punished by calling in your team to help you every now and then. Once you ride out her absurd early game it gets a lot easier to handle her in lane.

delfam

06-08-2012

Pantheon destroys Kayle top lane, so does Jax as they can all jump onto her. A good Olaf destroys her with a slow and E combo.

But like others, just let her push with her E, freeze your lane just before tower and free farm then call for ganks.