What are some good tips for top solo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RzorGear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

Like what should I mainly be doing in top lane for example. Don't engage unless the other engages? please give me any tips on top solo it would be really helpful. Thank you.

MoreMedz

06-06-2012

This would be far more productive if you can play a few games as top solo and then tell us any specific issues you had.

Otherwise, you are going to get very generic responses like:

- last hit, do not push
- farm a lot, but help your team when needed
- learn how to control and freeze the lane
- ward to avoid gank
- random tips against common top champions
- common builds for common top champions

Hope this helps.

RzorGear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

I've played alot of games, I usually have trouble against health heavy people like olaf and such.

Kaoelith

06-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RzorGear View Post
Like what should I mainly be doing in top lane for example. Don't engage unless the other engages? please give me any tips on top solo it would be really helpful. Thank you.
It mainly depends who you are playing and who the other top is playing

some champs are meant to be a farming game others go for champ kills

champs like yorick can afford to miss cs since they will naturally own their lane and zone the other champ or kill them flat out
irelia on the other hand is a farm fest where you are weak until you get at least 3 items

once you know what the balance is for your champ(most poke champs when they can but focus on cs unless you get them low enough for a kill) you can get used to how they should be played

cho is super passive because he has no real damage while yorick spams all day it really is just based on champ v champ

also learn what champs can beat you in 1v1s since sometimes it's just a bad lane where you should only focus on cs since you will lose fights

ExecutionerKen

06-07-2012

Um....Each solo top champion have their own way of playing the game

For example, Lee sin can go into enemy jungle and steal buff, while AD Nid can push all day and just cougar away from ganks.