Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to tell if someone intentionally feeds? Video?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlienSexRanger

06-06-2012

Well I'm looking over tribunal cases just to see what the format is like, maybe do some good in the LoL community too. But, I'm confused how to tell if someone is intentionally feeding? Are we supposed to go off chat log only? Because I've seen people purposely feed by running as deep into enemy base as possible without attacking anything. They were obviously feeding on purpose but said nothing the whole game.

So is there any way to view video recording of said game?

Carteret

06-06-2012

There is currently no way to view the recording. You gotta go off the chat, items, damage per minute, etc. Also what the reporters say about the behavior. Just what you see in the tribunal case screen.

I agree with you, this is a weakness of the tribunal. Game replays would be an awesome addition to judge things like feeding.

AlexDnD

06-06-2012

Look at k/d ratio. If its over 4 (death vs. kills) and they are not a support class vote punish.

get dat birdman

06-06-2012

Quote:
AlexDnD:
Look at k/d ratio. If its over 4 (death vs. kills) and they are not a support class vote punish.

That's not always the case. There are times you just have a bad game, too, or just can't get those killing blows. For example, I just recently had a really bad game with Graves, and went something like 2/8, and not many assists, because our jungler decided he was going to camp top lane. That doesn't make me intentionally feeding, it makes our jungler an idiot for not helping me out bot, when I had a newbie Gangplank with me against a kill lane.

Generally, though, someone who's intentionally feeding will not actually have any kills, and few if any assists, but also doesn't talk much in chat. Or if they do talk in chat, it's nothing productive.

AlexDnD

06-06-2012

Quote:
TomajRT:
That's not always the case. There are times you just have a bad game, too, or just can't get those killing blows. For example, I just recently had a really bad game with Graves, and went something like 2/8, and not many assists, because our jungler decided he was going to camp top lane. That doesn't make me intentionally feeding, it makes our jungler an idiot for not helping me out bot, when I had a newbie Gangplank with me against a kill lane.

Generally, though, someone who's intentionally feeding will not actually have any kills, and few if any assists, but also doesn't talk much in chat. Or if they do talk in chat, it's nothing productive.

Better safe than sorry.

The Uprising

Recruiter

06-06-2012

Quote:
AlexDnD:
Better safe than sorry.

Do you mean "safe" in not banning an innocent player, or "safe" in not letting go a potential intentional feeder.

I really hope you don't mean the latter.

SimplyAlive

06-07-2012

I often look at the chat of the opponents. The own team might be biased, but if even the opponents comment in their own chat that Twitch is running into their team and suicides, chances are they do it intentonally.

Aradene

06-07-2012

have to admit, from a financial aspect the thought of the cost needed to set up replays for every match makes my teeth scream. The amount of server space and storage needed, and given that some of the cases can be up to 3 months old, thats a long time to store that information given how many games are played/reported. I think there is enough information, as those reported for intentionally feeding generally have multiple games with a clear pattern of behaviour. Introducing a replay system would cost a lot, and guess who will be the ones who end up paying for it? Us. It would be a great feature, and make spotting intentional feeding quicker, but the number of cases that honestly still leave me umming and ahhring are minimal.

Intentional feeders are easy to see, they are the ones who have 0/41/0 in a 36 min game, and 6 pairs of boots. The less obvious ones, you need to read chat, but if they say "FREE KILL AT BLUE" or "FREE KILL BOT! COME AND GET ME!" make that part of it pretty easy.

Also keep an eye out on their level, if they are 4-6 levels behind, they likely suffered a disconnect (which they will generally mention in chat) early game, and have been repeatedly killed while trying to farm up. If someone is raging at them and they start raging back with "Well you aren't letting me catch up so I'm going to 1 vs 5 them" - then they are feeding.

If they have an appropriate build, are at an appropriate level and cs, with no sign of raging and what can be perseved as an "unlucky" match eg, 1/8/1, with others in the team at similar KDA's- they are most likely not feeding.

AlienSexRanger

06-07-2012

Quote:
AlexDnD:

This is exactly what scares me about having other players judge whether or not someone should be punished. I've never seen a game where at least one legit player (usually more than one) didn't have a high death to kill ratio. Obviously one team has to beat the other one and one team is going to have low kills and higher deaths. Too many people report for this and I suspect a certain amount click punish wrongly as well.

AlexDnD you must be a pretty low person for trying to punish people based on this. Many people spend money on this game and you try to ban them simply for not being the winning champions in a match.

Byerley

06-08-2012

Quote:
Aradene:
have to admit, from a financial aspect the thought of the cost needed to set up replays for every match makes my teeth scream. The amount of server space and storage needed, and given that some of the cases can be up to 3 months old, thats a long time to store that information given how many games are played/reported.

Assuming only 2-3 saved replays per active LoL player and maybe 5mb per replay, that's only about $5,000 worth of hardware (assuming no backups).

Very doable.