do NOT get Perseverance!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IlfirinVelca

06-19-2011

this is an amazingly good thread, thank you OP! :-)

Zerozerker

06-21-2011

Just some testing I did one time in custom games on Malzahar (with scaling MP/5 yellows):

MP/5 with nothing: 8
MP/5 with pers1: 8
MP/5 with pers2: 8
MP/5 with pers3: 9
MP/5 with pers1+medi: 11
MP/5 with pers2+medi: 12
MP/5 with pers3+medi: 12
MP/5 with pers3+pendant: 16
MP/5 with pers3+medi+pendant: 19

I don't how how it goes for other characters, but at the very least it seems Malzahar falls on a close enough decimal that you'll get 1 MP/5 at level 1 off putting 2 points in perserverance (so probably 1 MP/5 by level two off just 1 point) making it at least worth considering that 1 point, since that more or less puts it on equal footing with 1 point in meditation.

Mighty Toothman

06-24-2011

Good Hands has huge helpful potential. Perseverance has almost none. The only reason anyone should ever get a single point in Perseverance is if they're climbing the Utility tree and don't use Ghost or Teleport so they can get to useful mastery points.

Mambazo

06-24-2011

Good Hands only reaches its full potential when you use teleport or are playing TF or Panth to take advantage of those few seconds. If you're going to be walking to your destination after you revive, 6 seconds are not going to help you.

Whoever it was that said perseverance affects anything but hp/mp per 5 is wrong. It clearly states it boosts REGENERATION, not HEALING. Not spell vamp, not lifesteal, not healing from abilities, not baron buff.

1ring

06-24-2011

This thread is simply eye opening. I will still use it for my cho'gath, but that is due to how much I regeneration I get. With 5 warmogs and a force of nature (with 8k hp) on games that last over an hour, perseverance is worth it. But anything else.... I'm not so sure.

Will use good hands for everything else.

Dissonance119

06-25-2011

For what it's worth, I enjoy perseverance on laning champions, such as Sivir. For those champions, if you're alive earlier and the enemy is 5-man pushing your tower, there isn't much you can do anyways. However, the minute regeneration difference can help.

I really couldn't care about regen per second, or even 5 seconds. I care more for the regen over the first 20 minutes of the game. There, the 4% can help. (I also enjoy the Strength of Spirit mastery together with Pers)

Ketamine Panda

06-25-2011

cool, obvious is obvious. you're not saying anything new.

Jaceive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2011

I take preservance on certain champions that I leave in lane forever. Nasus, Sivir, Morde etc.... like Dissonance said above me, that 4% over 20 minutes is a big deal, and can mean you keep your tower that much longer, and could actually mean the difference in getting ganked and being the ganker.

In my opinion, Good hands is much better late-game, but preservance can be game changing early-game.

Veezyy

07-03-2011

Arguing over a game how childish. bet u have never been laid lol

BrotherCaine

07-03-2011

Swain is very capable of burning through his whole mana pool DESPITE having the blue buff. Perseverance is a good sell on him.