do NOT get Perseverance!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erestem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

There's only 1 champion where Perseverance could be considered useful for and that's Mundo. Even then, it's a tough sell. Let's say we have a lvl18 Mundo with exactly 3000 health. His ult heals 70% of his total health over time. So his ult will heal him for 2100. Perseverance increases the effectiveness of Mundo's ult, even so, it only boosts the effectiveness of his ult from 2100 to 2184 (again, assuming he has 3k. The more health he has, the more benefit and vice-versa). Now granted, there will come occasions when having that extra 84 health means the difference between living and dying, but those situations are rare at best. However, it also boosts his passive's regen and all regen items he's collected up until that point, such as FoN, Randuin's etc. Over the course of a game, it does add up giving Mundo more staying power which then begs the question if having 6 seconds shaved off your rez timer when you die better or having that extra regen on your ult and passive health regen for more staying power better?

No other champion atm truly benefits from having Perseverance. Not even Garen as his passive is off more than on later in the game when it really matters. As I said, even the one champion that does get the most benefit from it is a tough sell and IMO only makes it a toss up choice between the 2. Every other champion should take good hands every time.

malphismia

05-06-2011

Perserverance at level 1, is the equivalent of 1 flat MP5 seal, or 4 MP5/level seals.

Good Hands at level 1, is the equivalent of 2 -%time dead quintessences.

To me, personally, they're both minute differences and the masteries that do matter are the ones above them in utility spec. I still get Perseverance because they already reduced the death timers significantly, and I like to end games early.

Yasuhiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

Eh, if you like to end games early, it makes more sense to get good hands, because you'll have more time to fight, damage and farm. Also, 10% isn't really a minute difference when you die. 6s is a long time in this game, so take advantage of it.

SNSDGeeGee

05-30-2011

4-6 seconds can be the difference of stopping a wave of minions attacking a turret after ur team got aced and u getting there in time and killing some minions netting u not only money but possibly experience if ur not yet 18. There are countless times i was a few steps behind another player going to a turret to take out a wave of minions and not getting as many kills.

Seoseal

06-09-2011

I'm surprised nobodys brought up Baron Nashor...

Baron Nashor:
+ 3% Max HP Regen
+ 1% Max Mana Regen

Going along with what Erestem started earlier:

Dr. Mundo Endgame:
+ Randuins
+ Warmogs
+ Force Of Nature
+ Baron Nashor Buff
+ .......Items commonly found in teamfights which provide all nearby champions with +HP Regen or +Mana Regen. (Emblem Of Valor> Starks Fervor) / (Mana Manipulator>Soul Shroud)
[Team items go for any champ though]

You should also consider that junglers benefit moreso from the Perseverance, with the 15%-30% neutral monster buffs, when it comes to the Blue Golem buff, and HP Regen, early game.

But I cant deny that with certain champs 4/5/6 seconds shaved off a death timer could mean the denial of enemies finishing off the turret/inhib.
OR
You finishing off the enemies structure, BD'ing, finding low HP Enemy champs teleporting out of the jungle, stealing their jungle, saving a fellow summoner, etc.

Ashe Endgame:
+ Boots Of Swiftness
+Phantom Dancer
+Move Speed Sona buff

What's the distance benefit achieved by said Ashe, with an extra 3-7 seconds of that kind of movement speed? Think about a Rammus rolling along with a taunt that hits you 5 seconds sooner! 0_0

There isn't any viable difference with either of them until end game, or on rare occasions... if at all. (Excluding minorities: Mundo/Garen/Junglers/Etc.)

In the end...
1/2/1/0<- Teleport
0/2/1/1<- Ghost
0/3/1/0 <-- if you dont have Ghost/Teleport, and you get HALF the total Perseverance buff(saves you from ignites and rare occasions) Along with that extra 4 seconds to whoop bubblegum and save ass, also on rare occasions. =]

Duril

06-09-2011

If they buffed perseverance a bit, there would be some debate, but as the numbers stand right now it is complete garbage. It would need to at least double in strength for it to be competitive with good hands.

The "you shouldn't die" argument is invalid. If you never die, you didn't need perseverance anyway, because the other team was terrible.

FIatulence

Recruiter

06-09-2011

Has anyone mentionned singed? I believe he has a lot of regen as well.

pyrokinetiq

06-19-2011

The ONLY time you should pick perseverance is when you're mundo.

Shadow Blade100

06-19-2011

U R AN IDIOT ALL CAPS MEANS U R DESPERATE OR RAGING!

anyway though, really champions who heal passively or get heals from abilities it is very useful, vladamir, soraka, mundo, even morde if you run a lot of health regen, it depend who u play and what items u use.

UknowsI

06-19-2011

Can somebody actually confirm what the perseverance bonus applies to?

I am most curious about blue buff, lifesteal and Udyr's Turtle stance.