Jungle Sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noodle0117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

a few games ago, The sion player on my team decided to buy a vamp scepter and call jungle. Having never seen this before, I was skeptical about its effectiveness and more or less teased him about it. In the end however, sion became fed with gold and pretty much carried us with his dps build.
Throughout the laning phase, Sion was never killed by the minions. He seemed to have gotten enrage as his first ability. I was playing on my lvl 5 account so I do not expect sion to be any higher than a level 10 summoner.

Yet when I tried the same task with the same items and same skill level-up, I failed horribly. Even with an hp pot, I could not take down the wraith band before they took me down. Even at level 3, I had difficulty surviving through the basic jungle camps...

And yet this guy did it all without problem at level 1.

So I have no idea what to do.
With my level 5 acc, I have mostly armor runes and armor pen runes.
My masteries are into armor and defense as well.

So how should i go about doing a jungle sion?

edit: I did notice that sion bought about 5 hp pots on his first trip back to base, but I have no idea how he managed to get that much gold before dying.

YUNGKOREA

08-05-2010

Dont jungle Sion.
He's has pretty good laning phase.
With the stun=Easy ganks.

Yellow Jester

08-05-2010

Hmm...

Well did he start at the wraith camp? Try starting at golem, using armor masteries/runes, and be sure to get the +XP masteries. At level 2, you should be able to pick up your shield and explode it on the wraiths to kill them. I am pretty sure youtube has a sion jungling guide...

noodle0117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJezTiC View Post
Dont jungle Sion.
He's has pretty good laning phase.
With the stun=Easy ganks.
I'm not asking whether this is a viable choice or not.
I'm just asking IF I had to jungle, how should i go around doing it?

iamalazybum

08-05-2010

I feel like there is NO time a non-jungling character HAS to jungle.

This squanders perfectly good lane-synergy options with the other 3 laners you could instead go with. And you cannot level/creep ($/xp) at the pace required to keep up with jungling characters. And smite on sion is just a terrible choice.

malphismia

08-05-2010

^ I feel there is no reason NOT to have a jungler when you have a good 1v2 laner, like Nasus, Morde or Heimer.

If you want to jungle with Sion, go with Cloth Armor + HP pots. Not much to do with that cloth armor except turn it into a guardian angel later on, or ninja tabi. Doesn't really need madreds since he has exceptional farming already.

If you want to do golem first, get Cryptic Gaze. 2 second stun at level 1 is insanely helpful to take jungle buffs and take less damage. You can't use shield, since it will pop from golem's attacks before you can activate it again for damage.

If you do small camps first, go with the shield. It won't pop from the small wolves, and smite blue wraithe before you do that camp to prevent it from popping.

Mercenery

12-13-2010

Jungle Sion works and works well if you do it correctly. Summoner spells are smite and ignite. Masteries are 21/0/9 With Crit, atk speed, imp smite, imp ignite, and the rest of the damage dealing masteries. 9 into Utility for +health/mana regen, experience bonus, and 15% neutral monster buff duration. Starting items are +18 Armor for 300 gold and Health Potion(x5). Start with big golem for blue buff and first ability is the W key for shield. Good Game Sion is the best jungler in game.

OkFolks

12-14-2010

I've actually done Jungle Sion quite effectively more than a few times. I don't understand why people feel he should exclusively lane, as a stun and significant damage coming out of the jungle is very helpful while ganking.

I ran cloth armor and 5 hp pots, starting at double golems. Take enrage first. Smite and kill the first golem, kill the second, and take shield as your second ability. Kill wraiths next, then wolves, Blue golem, double golems again, then Red. I then recalled and bought a razor, which I later turn into wriggles. You can solo Dragon at 6 with your ulti if it happens to be up.

Skill order - E,W,W,Q,E,R, after which prioritize R,E,W,Q.

Defisme

12-14-2010

To jungle you need 3 things to be sucessful,

1) Mastries 21/0/9 or 20/0/10 or in my case i go 16/0/14 (weird but it works for me extra mana rege and passive gold/extend jungle buff.)
2) summoner spell Ignite is a must, and whatever spell you want. I use mana summoner spell
3) Item Most jungler start with cloth armor and 5x hp pots, I am unsure why he started with life steal.. I did that once accidently on one game when i played jungler lolz.. started slow but started but once i got to lvl 4 it was a breeze,

skill order in my opinion is W,E,W,E,W,R only because shield gives you way more advantage and lets you go from spawn spot to spawn spot wiht out using too much hp pots. plus your shield is aoe.

dont forget to gank lanes chance, Q at 7. then prirotiz R/E/W/Q

Nickicksu

03-25-2011

q at 7 seems waaay to late. if you dont forget to gank lanes.. at level 7 im pretty sure laners are leaving to gank other lanes..