do NOT get Perseverance!

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

08-24-2010

I mean seriously, it's LAME mastery and I keep seeing it in almost every single guide. Good Hands are by FAR better.

But hey! You don't want to be dying for it to be useful!
no ****, sherlock. Now go to your recent matches and take a look at your stats... How many of them are games with 0 deaths? NONE! Unless you're in some super low ELO, then maybe you'll have 1.

Now the math:
Level 3 of Perseverance gives you 4% increased HP and MP regeneration.

What does it mean? Once you get 100HP or MP/5, you will gain additional 4 HP or MP /5. THIS IS NOT EVEN 1HP/MP PER 1SECOND.
Did I already mention that HP regen is quite useless outside laining phase?

Let's look at Annie: 14.4HP/5 and 11.6MP/5 at level 18.
Perseverance takes it to: 14.976HP/5 and 12.064MP/5... yay! 1HP more after 10s!
Even if you add, let's say 2 Mana Regen items - Doran's Ring and DFG, you'd get 26.6*1.04=27.664... man that's 1 more mana over 5s! pure awsomeness.

Good Hands on the other hand might be a SAVIOR in longer games, where these 6 or 7s will win you a game.

DepressiveMan

08-24-2010

tbh I think they are both useless...

JustDavid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressiveMan View Post
tbh I think they are both useless...
End game you will have spawn timers that are well over 60 seconds. 10% off the spawn timers mean that you can be respawning 6+s earlier. The time that it saves can be enough to prevent a push or enough to save an ally.

Peyo is correct. Perserverance < Good Hands.

Siegebreaker

08-24-2010

Perseverance is good on certain Mordekaiser builds, but nevertheless, Good Hands is better.

But again, its always much better to avoid death when possible, and sometimes when you arrive at 7 health after ignite, it was probably perseverance that saved you, or had a hand in it.

Everything is situational.

droeloe36

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegebreaker View Post
But again, its always much better to avoid death when possible, and sometimes when you arrive at 7 health after ignite, it was probably perseverance that saved you, or had a hand in it.

Everything is situational.
Well ofc. it is better to avoid deaths, but in high elo where games are many times decided by 5v5 group fights, you must commit and with 5 dps on you, it is unavoidable as a DPS to die. The 6 seconds good hands provides you, will matter a lot! Especially when you die first you might be back in time to prevent the left overs of the enemy team to push a tower.

Like Peyo already stated with simple math: when you have a 100 hp/5 regen, - which is pretty high - you only will get 4 hp regenerated in 5 seconds as a bonus from 3 whole mastery points!

Also, surviving an ignite is a verry poor arguement. The HP/5 and healing are reduced big time, rendering the hp5 regen even more useless.

I always used to go Perseverance, but after doing the math myself a while ago,.. It's good hands standerd when im going utility!

PurePyramid

08-24-2010

Totally agreed. Good hands is like CDR on death. And CDR is always cool.

==================================
"Avoiding death is the best. So you don't really need Good Hands unless you're expecting your champ to die." said people.

"Avoiding to get hit is the best. So you don't really need Perseverance unless you're expecting your champ to get hit." said me.
==================================

Everything is situational, but there are certain things that are inevitable. If you want to avoid death upon being cast Ignite, maybe you might want to consider buying some HP pots. And really, unless you have a huge hp/mana regen, you don't really need Perseverance. Most of us would prefer to buy +max HP items (Giant belt, etc.) rather than +HP regen items.

Though, maybe that's different for some Mordekaiser and Dr. Mundo players, I guess.

GlideStrife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2010

Honestly, this kind of opened my eye's a little. Truth be told, i've never viewed Good Hands as a TERRIBLE mastery (Let's not kid ourselves, 6 seconds off a late game death can mean the difference between an inhib dying or surviving, and no one goes 95% of games without a death.) but i've had mana problems. Because of this I felt that Perserverence was the better choice, but when it breaks down to it, no, it's not. It's a GARBAGE amount of MP5.

Krackor

08-26-2010

Yay math! Yay Good Hands!

King Zhulu

08-26-2010

yay, minute differences for the win.

EatmyTomaT0

08-26-2010

idk

12345 ... 11