Looking for a Mage/Jungler!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Electronicon

06-06-2012

Hello all, I'm just hoping for some info and tips on picking a new jungler. I mostly play AP mages or carry because they are the most fun in my opinion. Shooting alot of spells is just the most fun way for me to play. The toons I use most are Xerath, Urgot, Brand, Ryze and Fiddlesticks. If I need to pick a tank or support for my team I usually use Galieo or Alistar. What I'm looking for is a mage that I can use in the jungle. I have used Fiddlesticks in the jungle and hes very good, but I'm just looking for a change. I have also tried Xerath in the jungle but he doesn't have what it takes. Any advice or tips?

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

mages that jungle: most of them are alot slower then aoe style junglers
hybrid trank mages are fairly strong and very competative.

two that are prevelant:
maloki -
Notulis -

Pure mages that can jungle and are effective albiet slower then standard jungles but can also have devistating level 2 ganks with red buff.

Fizz - valid and devestating few people actually still jungle fizz, as lot of his on-hit strengths and abilites where weakended when the dreded nerf bat hit him months and months ago..

jungling fizz - cooldown reduction, armour , and attack speed with ability power quins,
run him either as a 0|21|9 mastery to surivie attackign the creeps wiht out hard leashes

or a high risk high reward burst mage as a 20|1|9

fizz jungles very slow over all, has the ability to accomplish a lvl 2 gank with high burst.

Fun annoying junglers
Twisted fate - with teleport and destinty can gank anywhere on the map
tips to playing: i cant really give any but i can say you will get flamed out for it.

Aikimiller

06-06-2012

Well, both Fizz and Akali can be jungled successfully, although it's hard, and it not as good as a lot of other options, and requires a very specific setup, and a lot of practice to come close to being any good.

Generally, people with some tanky-ness, and some sustain are good junglers. AoE damage is a plus, and CC for ganking is also very nice to have.

Morgana or Swain maybe? You could give them a shot- I'm sure it's possible, but whether or not it's any good is another matter. Both are better in lane though, so not much point.

Mages generally aren't good junglers, primarily because their itemization isn't good for jungling, and they rely heavily on mana.

TLR- Maoki.

Major Glitch

06-06-2012

Fiddlesticks can be a good jungler, and won't take as much of a learning curve if you are already good with him. He's also nice because you'll almost always be at full HP when you gank, and ganking is great with his ult combo.

Best Mid Nordic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

Well, most AP champs shoulnt jungle, but a few can. Malz can with careful use of his passive for tanking purposes+extra dps. Annie can, as can Cass. Fizz can, but ad on hit bruiser is the optimal build for that. I've seen Akali jungle. Viktor and Ziggs can as well. I think that's about it though.

MoreMedz

06-06-2012

When picking jungling heroes, sustain and the ability to actually gank successfully early are both important. Hence, many mage champions' early game are not suited for jungling. Morgana for example, can't farm fast until W is Level 3.

That said, Nunu is an efficient jungler. Worth giving it a shot.

Lord Ryushishin

06-06-2012

Pretty much Fiddlesticks is the only one that is widely used I guess. But their are many many faster Junglers.

Degato

06-06-2012

Nunu is a much better support IMO, at least in PUBs. Stick with Fiddle or a normal tank type.

Electronicon

06-07-2012

Thanks for all the suggestions, and I tried most of them (the toons I had available.) I think I enjoy Maoki the most although I would like to try Fizz. I also went back and played Fiddle some more and I think I'm just going to stick with him. He's amazing at ganking, especially once you get his ultimate . I also like how I can solo dragon with fiddle, very early in the game.

CrusaderAntonius

06-08-2012

Take a look at Nautilus and Cho'gath. Both are tanky mage-style junglers with nasty CC. Cho has more sustain while Naut's ganks are more brutal.

Mao is also a solid pick with good clear time, sustain, and ganks.

Fiddles is slow, extremely blue dependent, and very weak to cc 1v1. I wouldn't really call him a good jungler. Okay maybe, but not particularly good. From personal experience, he gets beat down pretty hard by Cho, Udyr, Naut, and Mao.