[Champion Concept] Lenard, the Lone Journeyman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyotaika

09-10-2012

Passive: I feel the passive is good. I think the shred in magic resist would be a little strong early on. Near the highest you can obtain from runes is something around 15 most for magic resist shred... The bonus damage is good, though if played as a support champ, I feel the base damage is a little small... But it reminds me of Akali's passive with MRes shred, and I guess built in improved Frozen Mallet. Going AD, maybe a little highbrid style might be an option too. Not sure. But the slow seems really strong with chases or escapes. Does the stacks have a duration?

Q: Sounds like a skill shot. Also sounds like Naut ult I think in a way. If it's point and click, might need to reduce range then, a long distance on a target ability is basically free damage unless it was an ult...

W: This sounds nice, a disengage ability, a reverse of Naut's anchor grab thing.

E: This is really unique. I like it, a way to displace enemies. My only thing is, you have to place the second one down, what if you don't place the first? Late game it would just be killed easily having 150 HP, a single AoE ability would do it really.

R: I know ults are meant to be ults, but, this is almost like Veigar's ult in a way, plus Lux's. You got a high base damage, a short CD that is spammable, it's single target instead of skill shot, and has a really high AP scale. Similar ults, like Lux, I think might still be a little lower scale, lower base. Ziggs having I think higher base, and about .9 AP ratio reduces on the outside instead of center, among other things. If we take Veigar's best case scenario, lets say he has 1000 AP. His scale is 1.2 of his AP, and 80%, or .8 AP of his opponent, which has 750. He has a 500 base on it, it's single cast, and 90 second CD. Now his AP enemy is so dumb, they haven't built any magic resistance, and with 10 from runes and 20 from boots, all the damage strikes without being negated by any resistance. This ability would deal 2300 damage alone. Yours does 1875. Now instead of every minute for CD reduction Veigar, it's every 40 seconds, and instead of ONLY on the AP carry, Veigar who's meant to counter, it's now on anyone.

R looks fine, I just feel the additional damage needs toning back. I know you need to get it stacked up, but provide a second stun, burst really quickly, then you'd have a huge ult... Idk. Maybe I'm missing something. He does excell single target, for certain, but he still would be scary in group fights too. 1875 is near enough to actually one shot people building no resistances, no health, and if it's an AD carry, this ability might single handedly do it, or very close to it. Idk. Just thought. 50 range shorter than Veigar's though. Maybe I'm just missing something.

Overall, the champion looks great! The ult is just scary though, very. It almost is like going against an AD darius' ult with his stacks on you at max. But yes, interesting champion. I like the playstyle!

Stats look good, read the lore and it make sense, and you do say to counter him is building magic resist.

Anyways, just responding back with a review from the one you did for mine, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2549042

If you'd like me to take a second look over or something like that, feel free to come ask me and I'll look over something if I missed it. I am too tired atm to read build paths and such...

Metal Capo

09-10-2012

Ah thank you Nyotaika for the review.

Yes, I would have to add more description/info to his abilities (I always felt that he is not completely done no matter how much I do). And thanks for giving me advice about his ultimate, every time I look back at my champion's ultimate, I feel that something isn't right, I will make amendments to the numbers of the ultimate as well as his passive.

Chamenas

09-22-2012

A very well-thought out post (and I may have to steal your update format, it's so pretty). I have to admit, when I read his lore I was sort of rooting for the possibility of a champion that makes items better. But, there's still some great ideas in the abilities here.

Metal Capo

09-23-2012

Thanks Chamenas for the comment, Lenard may be a craftsman as the lore tells, but due to what has happened to him, all of his enchantments would make other items to become unstable and dangerous if it is used by others. (Oh and I don't mind if you borrow my update format :P)

Metal Capo

10-20-2012

A new update, and do please give a review (no matter the size) about which ultimate works better for him.

Shalebridge

10-20-2012

I... can't really find anything to critique. Numbers seem fine, abilities look interesting. Well written lore and judgement too. Just one thing, are his basic attacks melee or ranged? I'm assuming ranged, but I don't see it written in the main tags.
In regards to his ultimate, I prefer the new one, personally. However, I think it might be easier to list the things Sorrow's Enhancement does improve rather than the things it doesn't. You have a long list there.
I commend you for your work on this champion, especially the concept art. You've clearly spent a lot of time thinking about all this.

Metal Capo

10-20-2012

Thanks for the comment and compliment Von Loon! And oh yeah, he is ranged (forgot to put that in the tags) and i'll be sure to add more details to the new ultimate. Thanks for your opinion about that btw.

Metal Capo

10-23-2012

Still awaiting more thoughts on the decision between the current and new ultimates.

Metal Capo

11-19-2012

Preparing for a new snow-themed skin just for December

Metal Capo

11-21-2012

A new skin for the winter season! And do leave comments and reviews!