Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why can't we report when spectating?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbyssionKnight

06-06-2012

I mean we can see everything and read both chats no problem. We have a better level of awareness spectating a game than the tribunal users themselves, since we're actually seeing the action first hand, rather than just reading the chat logs.

Like right now i'm watching a game where a jungle blitz afk'd briefly at the start. His jungle was gimped because of that, but he had less than a 2 level deficit. However instead of trying to play, he just wandered around his base dancing and laughing, and making no attempts to level up or anything. He just doomed his team to a long slow 4v5 defeat.

Maybe my thought process about this is just flawed, but to me it seems like it'd really help catch malicious players sooner rather than later.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

06-06-2012

The problem is access. Let's say that you see someone in the featured matches that you don't like, so you spectate their game and report that person at the end. This results in junked-up Tribunal cases because people can get to their target in a way they couldn't before.

OberonDark

06-06-2012

Quote:
Ulanopo:
The problem is access. Let's say that you see someone in the featured matches that you don't like, so you spectate their game and report that person at the end. This results in junked-up Tribunal cases because people can get to their target in a way they couldn't before.

Report them for what?

You act like this doesn't happen in regular games already.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

06-06-2012

Quote:
OberonDark:
Report them for what?

You act like this doesn't happen in regular games already.

It doesn't have to be a legit report. Let's say that I don't like you and I manage to get on your friends list. If this function existed, I could report you after spectating your games. One of the reasons why false reports don't have that much impact is because the reporter can't reliably get to his target outside of being on a premade with them.

vondabar

06-06-2012

I could see it working really well if it was done properly

number of games reported: 1
number of reports: 500

weed out the feeders pretty quick

Aradene

06-07-2012

Lets just think about the potential for this system to be abused.

Thought about it?

That is why it will never happen.

Still not sure what I'm talking about?

There are already an excessive amount of false reporting happening with pre made gang ups, and general trolling. Get these peoples friends in on the action, and Tribunal will literally be swamped with false reports.

Most reports only have one or two people actually lodging a complaint - having an extra 10 reports isn't going to make a huge difference in the final out come, and isn't going to speed up the process any. All it will do is bog down an already busy system.

Scythul

Recruiter

06-07-2012

I spectated a game earlier where a Shyvana glitched her twin bite to always be active. Every auto attack hit twice. She also bragged about it all game. Should I not be able to report that afterward?

HyperMarth

06-07-2012

Even if people ganged up on somebody to report them, if they weren't being a jerk in chat and it didn't look like they were feeding too much nothing would happen.

Aradene

06-07-2012

Quote:
Scythul:
I spectated a game earlier where a Shyvana glitched her twin bite to always be active. Every auto attack hit twice. She also bragged about it all game. Should I not be able to report that afterward?

That is exploiting a glitch and a very different matter - lodge a support ticket. But with any other cases of verbal abuse etc, those in the game are perfectly capable of reporting themselves.

Brokestar

06-07-2012

Quote:
Aradene:
those in the game are perfectly capable of reporting themselves.

sure they are capable, but are they willing? I'm certain that a fair number of crimes go unreported because honestly, if someone has been badmouthing you all game or ruining your play experience.....how likely you going to want a to spend another second on f your time on them.

I think I would prefer spectators to report. For the most part they have no vested intrest in it. It's not like their game experience was ruined; as such i'd imagine their report notes would be far more objective than the usual "Ban him now, he is a giant ****** bag of super ****** baggery"