@Riot How come you guys have only held 1 TT tournament?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dviation

06-06-2012

Hoping to get a Riot response to this thread.

Anywho, I'm a devoted TT fan, it's pretty much all I play. I checked your timeline the other day and I saw that right after TT was released, you guys held a tournament for it and since then, at least on the timeline, there hasn't been another riot sponsored TT tournament.

This map really deserves some competitive attention. I really wish you guys would pump the brakes a bit when it comes to SR management and show some well deserved attention to TT.

Drúgs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

Agreed, the problem is there are so few players. Thats why i NEVER play 5s to support my ranked 3s cause.

Riot Taco Storm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Lead

06-06-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

There are a lot of prized events on twisted treeline, and you can feel free to run your own tournament and submit it to this site to get prizes.

http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...mit-tournament

Also, at various events, there have been TT tournaments. I know for sure at PAX East 2011 there were several TT tournaments, mainly because I participated in them (this was before I was a Rioter and I could play in tournaments =p)

ArlanKels

06-06-2012

Rioter's aren't allowed to play in tournaments?
Why is that? It would come down to individual skill I would think rather than any sort of underhanded cheating...

Shentok

06-06-2012

Add single/duo queue ranked 3s and I'll play ranked again.

Dr Clueless PhD

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
Rioter's aren't allowed to play in tournaments?
Why is that? It would come down to individual skill I would think rather than any sort of underhanded cheating...
It's to prevent any accusations of cheating or biased balance decisions or anything of that nature. It's an unfortunate rule, but there's a reason it's there. Whenever someone wins a tournament, and they have some connection to the company, there's controversy. It's just universal.

Dviation

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm View Post
There are a lot of prized events on twisted treeline, and you can feel free to run your own tournament and submit it to this site to get prizes.

http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...mit-tournament

Also, at various events, there have been TT tournaments. I know for sure at PAX East 2011 there were several TT tournaments, mainly because I participated in them (this was before I was a Rioter and I could play in tournaments =p)
Fair enough, but TT doesn't necessarily have widely anticipated tournaments that are streamed and commentated on. I've never seen a TT tournament posted on the main page.

It would really be nice to put us TT players into the spotlight for once and have an event dedicated specifically to 3v3 gameplay.

USnip

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy exx S View Post
Fair enough, but TT doesn't necessarily have widely anticipated tournaments that are streamed and commentated on. I've never seen a TT tournament posted on the main page.

It would really be nice to put us TT players into the spotlight for once and have an event dedicated specifically to 3v3 gameplay.
A) Not that many people play TT. If it had a large playerbase, it would have a solo ranked queue. Hence, not that many people interested in watching it and lower quality players participating, which makes people even less interested. I'm sure they could get a bunch of people watching it if they threw enough money at the problem, but they could just spend that money on a 5s tournament and try to break western esports records again.

B) The map is just not competitive quality in it's current state, largely because of it's jungle. The random jungle spawns are *enormously* influential, level two ganks are oppressively strong with a permanent mia and dragon is far too valuable for how easy it is to take down. Additionally, fountain pulling is bull****.

Doctor Tam

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by USnip View Post
A) Not that many people play TT. If it had a large playerbase, it would have a solo ranked queue. Hence, not that many people interested in watching it and lower quality players participating, which makes people even less interested. I'm sure they could get a bunch of people watching it if they threw enough money at the problem, but they could just spend that money on a 5s tournament and try to break western esports records again.

B) The map is just not competitive quality in it's current state, largely because of it's jungle. The random jungle spawns are *enormously* influential, level two ganks are oppressively strong with a permanent mia and dragon is far too valuable for how easy it is to take down. Additionally, fountain pulling is bull****.
Agreed. Unlike Dominion, which was just casually forgotten, it feels like Riot wants to smother TT out of existance by never fixing any of the major issues. Shorten fountain range, give Drake more hp, and de-randomize the jungle and it would be so much more playable.

Dviation

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by USnip View Post

While it does have some flaws, if they actually fixed those few major errors the map would be completely playable competitively.

Also, they wouldn't exactly have to throw money at the map to raise the popularity, just feature it a lot more than they are now. Start it out as say an opening event for a much longer 5v5 tournament, matches would be short and it would work perfectly. Eventually it becomes a much larger playlist. Not as big as SR, but still, there is definitely somewhere to start and Riot has yet to even seriously think about shining some light on the map.