Best ult in the game?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sconethief

06-06-2012

Janna or Galio

BuzzJack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

I'm Jarvan and i'm helping.

FrankTheStud

06-06-2012

Graggy Daddy! (Gragas). His ulti deals tons of burst damage and is a great engager, or finisher. It can force your opponent into brawling with the Rabble Rouser, and/or his entire team. That, and it can split up your opponents team completely in a team fight, leaving their AD carry wide open to die.

crimsonhunter

06-06-2012

Red job description sounds very important.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

I like Wukong's ult, it does pretty decent damage over its duration, it's an amazing initiate for a teamfight, and it's AoE CC.

Idrewacatonce

06-06-2012

Would have to say Annie's ult because if she lands her stun just right and drops Tibbers, its a gg for the other team.

Brent Corrigan

06-06-2012

I can't pick between two: Janna (heal/knockback!!) or Lux (long distance death ray). I must say Gangplank's is also fun, but only just tried it a few times thanks to the free week.

Malurth

06-06-2012

People here are giving terrible answers.

Top 3 ults are almost certainly:

- Shen: The ability to teleport to any ally at any range at any time AND put a huge ass shield on them at the same time is arguably broken. He can just split push all day, and they either ignore him and let him push into their base, or they send someone to stop him at which point your team gets a free 5v4 teamfight. Also is something of a stupidity shield earlier in the game, to keep your allies from feeding.
- Mordekaiser: Not only is the ult part of the ult amazing (huge amount of heals/shield for him) but if you get a ghost, bingo, 6v4. The ghost can tank towers and take down opponents and give you more shield and scout and increase your stats and everything else. Just about nothing can compare.
- Karthus: The ability to globally nuke everyone is absurd. It does a ton of damage, and affects every enemy. Even if you're just using it early to secure kills, it will give a boost to all your lanes. Late game this stomps teamfights.

There's a lot of really good gamechanging ults like Amumu's and Zilean's but really nothing can hold a candle to these three.

Whichi

06-06-2012

Varus A good varus ult is amazing.. it by far has some of the best damage great cc and its amazingly safe to use. The only thing that can combat this is like karthus. both of them cannot easily be stopped and most people wont build to counter varus ult. Morgana is no.. amumu... no.. have to be too close.. too easy to get out of / predict

Joshhhhhhhhh

06-06-2012

I can't believe someone would actually say that Amumu and Morgana don't have good ults, then go on to say that Varus' ult is good because of CC and damage. LOL, that's a troll post, right? It doesn't get much more CC and damaging than Morg and Amumu's ults. They have 2 of the most game changing ults in the game, specifically because of their damage and CC.

Ashe's ult is underrated IMO. If you can snipe someone across the map where a teammate is near, they're stunned for 3.5 seconds.

Darius' ult is obviously incredibly powerful as well. Ridiculous true damage with or without his bleed stacks.

Teemo's ult can drastically alter the course of a game with vision, and towards late game depending on the build his shrooms can do ridiculous damage.

Olaf's ult is amazing against a team with lots of CC. I love to ult and /laugh while chasing down someone like Morgana or Taric.

Karthus's ult is self explanatory, though it's pure magic damage and can be countered fairly easily unlike a lot of these ults that add CC.

Kennen is another with a great aoe ult.

A well timed Soraka ult can drastically alter the course of a team fight.

Veigar has one of the single strongest single target ults in the game, that literally has no damage cap. Veigar late game against AP champs = gg.

Katarina another one of those deadly AOE ults.

TF and Shen can easily turn the tide of a match with a good ult. Nocturne can put you on your heels juts by casting his ult, doesn't even have to go on anyone to make them play passively for a few seconds.

Anyway, I'm rambling here but there's a good reason, I'm trying to answer your topic correctly and pick what I think is the 'best' ult, so I just ran through the good ones in my head first. If I had to pick the absolute best one it would have to go to Karthus just because every time he ults it's felt across the entire map, regardless of anything else and will force the enemy team to pick up some MR or a hexdrinker, or they're going to have 1000 dmg dropped on their head every 90 seconds late game, for a total of 5000 damage across the board. If you get low when you're fighting Karthus or one of his teammates you're likely dead, and even those that don't die from his ult will most likely be forced out of lane or at least forced back to their tower for a little. If Karthus gets super fed, everyone on the opposing team will most likely bulid an item they wouldn't normally for some MR, or a hex.

After Karthus I'd have to go with Morg or Amumu, followed by Soraka.

1234567 ... 10