A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fawkes

06-12-2012

the map looks like a very intricate gourd :3

DonnFirinne

06-12-2012

@Lasie
Not while holding the flag. She caps at 3 while it matters. And beyond that, she can only do her second blink to go back. Good for a juke, but not for making further advancements over walls. So yeah, only 1 blink per kit. What are your thoughts on the new lanes?

TeknoWizard

06-12-2012

I can't really imagine the lanes in my head...

Though imagine it would be like the mess that happens right on top of a nexus when the minions aren't allowed to leave quickly enough.

DonnFirinne

06-12-2012

Hopefully there is a way to make the minions split at the start, join up halfway down the lane, then split again on the other side. As long as that can happen, I think the lanes are functional.

Lasie

06-12-2012

I was a little confused at first. just a thought maybe the base could be a little bigger ???? idk there are gonna be a lot of team fights in those bases room to move would be very helpful for both teams... also I was thinking the lanes could merge a little closer the the base, altho it does look pretty fun. also another thought for turrets... you could just have some in the bases and have them on a respawn time like inhibiters in SR. that way with the way the lanes auto push you wouldnt have to worry about super minions clearing them when they spawn and you would actively have to push the lane and beat turrets to cap the flag. just a thought.

@ Donn firinne we could just have it go every other. and if the waves go 6 7 6 7 then the cannon mionion can switch starting lanes every other. same when your pushing. the minions would branch off every other.

*edit* also I am sticking to the four entrances idea. I think that three bottlenecks on a six man team (leaving 2 to guard each entrance) is a little to strong. specially with stronger minions. (course the later in the game the less helpful the minions would be) I would want to see moving around based on where the other team is not leaving a few to guard each entrance.

DonnFirinne

06-13-2012

@Lasie
I think the sizes are bigger than you expect. I want the lanes/jungle to be fairly large so that it takes time to get across the map with the flag, and both the bases and the flag area are going to be large enough to host a full open teamfight.

The 4 entrances with 6 people means at least one entrance is unguarded or 2 entrances have only 1 person. This way a team that is caught off guard stands a chance at holding off the other team if all 6 come down a single lane. If 6 people come to take on 2, there's a clear winner, but the other 4 would at least have a chance to run over there before the flag gets put on the nexus. I also wanted to make sure a team trying to get in couldn't just run around the outside of the base from one entrance to another forcing the defending team to panic.

slyguy6802

06-13-2012

Okay so i'm going to be kinda a critic but only for the better of things.

I would suggest having at least 3 lanes, a few less jungle creeps, and a bit of a smaller map for the following reasons.

1. Lanes are needed to keep balance with the champions and to help give vision of the opposing players. If you have few lanes stealth champions will be OP and Ranged AP champions will be under powered. Having vision via lanes also makes less warding necessary, pushing champions more effective, AOE ulti's less effective, and ultimately leads to better decision making via the information given from the mini-map.

2. You have 34 standard camps and 2 lanes. In SR their are 3 lanes and 3 standard camps. Having so many camps makes it so that junglers will be the main focus and champions like mundo and shyvana with fast clear times will be considered OP and strong lane pushers under powered. This is okay because capture the flag is a side map and people will understand it not being perfectly balanced but we should still do our best to make as many champions viable as possible.

3. This map seems very large to me and if the map were to remain this size 6 players would not be enough in my opinion. However i wouldn't add more players I would have less of a map because even though I'm sure Riot servers can handle a lot it may be difficult for the actual players to run so much in one game. With that said, the pathing seems okay but could use a little work. Just make sure the path's aren't extremely long.

If you host a Google document we could maybe get a team together to tweak what you have, propose it to Riot, and get this Map onto the Riot Servers.

Lasie

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyguy6802 View Post
Okay so i'm going to be kinda a critic but only for the better of things.

I would suggest having at least 3 lanes, a few less jungle creeps, and a bit of a smaller map for the following reasons.

1. Lanes are needed to keep balance with the champions and to help give vision of the opposing players. If you have few lanes stealth champions will be OP and Ranged AP champions will be under powered. Having vision via lanes also makes less warding necessary, pushing champions more effective, AOE ulti's less effective, and ultimately leads to better decision making via the information given from the mini-map.

2. You have 34 standard camps and 2 lanes. In SR their are 3 lanes and 3 standard camps. Having so many camps makes it so that junglers will be the main focus and champions like mundo and shyvana with fast clear times will be considered OP and strong lane pushers under powered. This is okay because capture the flag is a side map and people will understand it not being perfectly balanced but we should still do our best to make as many champions viable as possible.

3. This map seems very large to me and if the map were to remain this size 6 players would not be enough in my opinion. However i wouldn't add more players I would have less of a map because even though I'm sure Riot servers can handle a lot it may be difficult for the actual players to run so much in one game. With that said, the pathing seems okay but could use a little work. Just make sure the path's aren't extremely long.

If you host a Google document we could maybe get a team together to tweak what you have, propose it to Riot, and get this Map onto the Riot Servers.

The amount of jungle camps has been mentioned. we were talking about lowering them i am pretty sure. I would have to check with donn to be sure.

Insípid

06-14-2012

I only have a few problems with the idea. Everything is lovely. The minions. In every game mode they serve a pushing purpose to take a turret or beacon. How would u let the minions in this mode work

Insípid

06-14-2012

Just found a solution. Since its a figure 8 the minions can make their way to the flag with u and maybe reduce capture time. And also the flag should have a large turret that deals splash dmg (much like garrison) and hits u when the flag is not being taken. Which means minions would take the hits for you as you walk up to the flag. Also if u get into fights. The turrets can help weaken the team