A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

06-11-2012

Any new items, like how Dominion got Sanguine Blade?

DonnFirinne

06-11-2012

I have no idea how items are going to impact the game yet. That's something that might need a bit of actual testing to figure out. It's hard to say if any items would be broken on this map or if there would be new needs that old items don't fill.

DonnFirinne

06-12-2012

Updated OP
I've started work on the new map. I have the outline for the lanes and bases, as well as (hopefully) a more accurately sized flag area. The inner circle in the flag area is the vision range I would like to give when the flag is there. Any feedback on what I have so far is welcome, as well as suggestions for the jungle. If anyone wants to try their hand at it, feel free to copy the image I posted and add jungle paths/minion camps.

TeknoWizard

06-12-2012

I'unno. Not enough buffs and swamps/lanes, but paint can only do so much.

http://s1257.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=Mapv2.jpg

oralos

06-12-2012

that was a pretty cool idea.

daebh1

Master Recruiter

06-12-2012

i like the idea but i found it would be better one lane and jungle around the lane.

DonnFirinne

06-12-2012

@TeknoWizard
Thanks for the attempt. I've been drawing it by hand then editing it in paint to make it look nicer. Even if I don't use yours, or any others I might get, I'll look for parts that look interesting to copy.

TeknoWizard

06-12-2012

Really the only big thing there is I think the major buffs should be closer to the center.

DonnFirinne

06-12-2012

Yeah, I was planning that after I got the feedback. What do you think of the converging/splitting lanes? It could be a little tricky to work with, especially when a wave gets to the split on the enemy's side.

Lasie

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnFirinne View Post
@Verandure
I hadn't considered starting at a higher level yet, but that's an option. We'll have to see how things fall out. I am planning on a jungle large enough to easily support 2 champions, and it's known from SR that two champs can level up well enough in a duo lane. The experience from the jungle can be balanced to ensure the junglers won't be over/under-levelled.
As for blinks, I can't think of any champion with more than one in their kit, so even with flash that's only two, at least for a fair cooldown. And beyond that I will be remaking the map, and I'm gonna rework the jungle paths to make sure blinking over walls can't be abused, but is still viable for tight situations.
For the flag, I think having it show up as a buff is fine, but the best way to drop it that I can think of is binding it to a hotkey, just like a spell. For picking it up and depositing it in the enemy base you would click on the flag and I suppose the nexus for dropping it off.
well not that it matters but leblanc has 2 with flash is 3 and the posibility to to have 5