A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonnFirinne

06-11-2012

Verandure has gotten his own thread up. If you've got the time head over and give him feedback too. His idea is similar to mine, but it's looking to be a lot faster paced. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2#post25209262

TeknoWizard

06-11-2012

Renekton should get a passive called "Returning Home" in the swamp... Because he's an alligator...

Lasie

06-11-2012

I think the flag should spawn later in the game like maybe 15 minutes in to promote the early game and then spawn with a global ping so all the players know its up. then it doesnt rely on an early level one team fight. also to disagree with myself I dont think the flag have vision. that way it promotes warding. maybe a marker on the mini map saying where it is, but no vision. Also the marker should only be there when nobody is holding it.also the gold buff for pushing minions should be small. cause late game an ace eaquals a really really fed team. it would get a little too over powerd. maybe closer to 3-5 gold instead of 20. also in a game to 50 maybe to kills should be worth one point each and flag caps 15 points. that way its unlikely that you will win from kills even if you are down flags. unless you are in a lower tier game.

On a side note I think that if this idea catches on riot should allow the 12 most influential people in this idea to be a part of the beta. (I say this cause I fully intend to be part of that 12 (: )

DonnFirinne

06-11-2012

@TeknoWizard: But Renekton is from the desert...

@Lasie:
I agree, the flag shouldn't be something to fight over right away. It should be 10-15 minutes in, then have a minute or two respawn timer.
I think very limited vision around the flag is good, but not enough to see the whole central area. Otherwise warding in the middle would be a massive gold sink with each team constantly warding and clearing wards.
The minion reward should be small, because one strong push into the base is an almost guaranteed half-wave of minions in.
I think the numbers for points and everything will keep changing as the rest of the map becomes more refined. It would be so much better if we could test it out somehow though.
You and TeknoWizard have already gotten special mention in the OP, you guys have been great. If Riot does take this map idea and let people beta test it, I'll be sure to recommend the two of you.

TeknoWizard

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnFirinne View Post
@TeknoWizard: But Renekton is from the desert...
But he's still an alligator...

Verandure

06-11-2012

Let's see. If you're wanting to do 2 lanes and 6 champions, you're going to want enough minions to give large amounts of experience. Are you planning on having the champions all start at a higher level? I would recommend 4 or 5.

There are a TON of neutral camps, but split between 12 people trying to level might still make it a problem. There was a very good point brought up on the bottom of page 5: there are several blink moves that aren't ults and that are pivotal to their playstyle.

Have you been able to reconcile the ability to carry the flag, drop it, and not have to take up inventory space? The fine few folks who've visited my thread have recommended a buff that is clickable to cancel. Because of the way you're wanting the flag to work (going back to your own base) I would say the flag should have universal vision on it (just because it would be impossible for the enemy team to find the flag carrier in all the jungle).

skeewoosh

06-11-2012

About how long do you think a game will last?

DonnFirinne

06-11-2012

@Verandure
I hadn't considered starting at a higher level yet, but that's an option. We'll have to see how things fall out. I am planning on a jungle large enough to easily support 2 champions, and it's known from SR that two champs can level up well enough in a duo lane. The experience from the jungle can be balanced to ensure the junglers won't be over/under-levelled.
As for blinks, I can't think of any champion with more than one in their kit, so even with flash that's only two, at least for a fair cooldown. And beyond that I will be remaking the map, and I'm gonna rework the jungle paths to make sure blinking over walls can't be abused, but is still viable for tight situations.
For the flag, I think having it show up as a buff is fine, but the best way to drop it that I can think of is binding it to a hotkey, just like a spell. For picking it up and depositing it in the enemy base you would click on the flag and I suppose the nexus for dropping it off.

@skeewoosh
I would hope for it to last 30-40 minutes on average. That seems to work pretty well for the other game modes. It ought to be simple enough to control that without breaking the rest of the game by adjusting the points to win and the starting level.

TeknoWizard

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeewoosh View Post
About how long do you think a game will last?
The aim of it are lots of these awesome "End game Team Fights" we don't see enough in SR. So, it's probably going to go long enough for a guaranteed level 18 with solid builds. However, without all the gold factors figured out, it would be tough to estimate the exact time.

DonnFirinne

06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
The aim of it are lots of these awesome "End game Team Fights" we don't see enough in SR. So, it's probably going to go long enough for a guaranteed level 18 with solid builds. However, without all the gold factors figured out, it would be tough to estimate the exact time.
Also that.