Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MangoDown

07-08-2012

Make the flag show invisible champs so as to not abuse the "cheap factor"

Andaho

07-08-2012

Would the flag grant the enemies vision of them? If not vision, then maybe they will have an arrow pointing in the general direction of the flag bearer, kind of like Orianna's Ball pointer?

It would make it a lot easier to hunt down the carrier. You could reduce the MS debuff if you made the person carrying the flag highly visible.

DonnFirinne

07-08-2012

@Andaho
I'm not too sure about that idea. It certainly is an option, but I think encouraging better warding in the jungle is the better route. If there is no vision granted, both teams have far more tactical options. The defending team can ward where they feel is necessary. The more effectively they ward, the better vision they have. For the offensive team, they can choose to take the flag wherever they want without letting the other team necessarily know where they are, letting them choose paths without being hindered by having to go direct and fast.

DonnFirinne

07-11-2012

Ok, this thread has gotten kind of behind on the forum, so I'm bumping it back up. I'd like to know what areas people think I need to work on with this map to keep people interested and giving me feedback

TeknoWizard

08-14-2012

Rescuing this with a bump.

The Great Sadist

03-15-2013

Massive Bumpiture. Make this HAPPEN!

extremophile

08-01-2013

I like the scale of it. Instead of a movement speed debuff, make holding the flag give everyone vision of your champion.

Also, find a way so that it isn't constant team fights at the middle. With only one flag, it is foreseeable that whichever team can team fight better will always hold control- no need for assassins, pushers, etc.

You could have one flag for each team, on their side of the map but set off from the base a bit. So the map would be a bit more squarish with bases in opposite corners and flags in opposite corners. This would force a team to split resources between offense and defense, scouting, etc.

Or alternatively, you could do like a "bomb" game instead- a player has to deliver a bomb from their base to the enemy's nexus.

Also, exp and gold gain has to be considered, since it appears that pushing will not be important at all. And I wouldn't limit the score from deaths, but that may just be me.

Baylenson

Recruiter

08-01-2013

Good effort in this. I like it and im sure RIOT has noticed it.

Ridiculed

08-04-2013

bump~