A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXCFXx Avenger

06-25-2012

IT won't work, here is the problem. THere are champions that are way to powerful...TF and panth for instance. The obvious thing to do is remove those champions. But taking away people champs will not make them happy. Also if you take away champions you are making it harder to counter other champs. Riot spent a lot of time balancing for killing enemy champs, not for running. I think its cool people put in this much work. But its not possible. Sorry.

Brettakisse

06-25-2012

It could work, dominion works...

Richirdo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2012

Bump, +1, I really want to see something like this work.

El Latigo Negro

06-26-2012

they should make a mode were phreak replaces baron.

vonnegut1776

06-26-2012

[QUOTE=DonnFirinne;25392913]@TeknoWizard
The snowbally nature exists on all the maps, and can't be avoided. In straight 5v5 the stronger team wins, the end. If they keep winning, they get harder and harder to beat. The only way to counter it is to have something that forces them to be at a disadvantage. Usually this is towers/the base. This is why I want fewer lanes and entrances, that way getting the flag in forces the flag bearing team to be at a disadvantage in the fight there.

In defense of this proposed map/mode, I think the described has the least likelihood of snowballing. With the large field of minions, and the multiple objectives in the game, unless one team is better in all of the objectives, each team should have a chance to at least match levels. And if a team is able to dominate in the jungle, in capping, and in kills, then the snowballing seems warranted. If teams are receiving points for kills, then even with the flag respawn time, the game should end before it gets to grueling. And to avoid long game drags there is always the surrender option. I think the game as sounds like fun, and I applaud the efforts of all those who are working to try and promote it especially tekno, lassie, and the thread creator.

Lasie

06-26-2012

@ DonnFirinne
i looked at the New map idea and still think there are too many minion camps maybe reduce it from 16 to maybe 11. thats one more the double summoners rift. I think too many camps will enable to many junglers. And ftr I THINK THIS CAN WORK WITH ALL CHAMPIONS

DonnFirinne

06-27-2012

@Brettakisse
I like the Fog summoner spell idea. A general size and duration have to be hammered out, but I'll add it to the OP. I'm not too sure about the wall though.

@avenger2142
Thanks for reading the part of my OP where I said ultimates can't be used while holding the flag.

@vonnegut1776
Thanks for the support. I'm glad others can see the balance that I do in this map.

@Lasie
It's been a while since you've visited. I did very closely consider the number of minion camps. My reason for having a few more than double SR is that some of them are likely to be ignored for most of the game as they are far away from all the global objectives. The camps close to the base are unlikely to be sought after unless a team is pushed back a fair bit or they want to force a third jungler in. If they do attempt the third jungler, there isn't a high chance of them being a major force in ganking lanes because they would have to run back further for more jungle camps. Thoughts?

TeknoWizard

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnFirinne View Post
@avenger2142
Thanks for reading the part of my OP where I said ultimates can't be used while holding the flag.
I think he means for them to just get there instantly, not get away.

DonnFirinne

06-27-2012

@TeknoWizard
That's not really game breaking though. It's the same as having good positioning and knowing the flag timer. It doesn't allow them to do anything that the other team can't counterplay.

Lasie

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnFirinne View Post
@TeknoWizard
That's not really game breaking though. It's the same as having good positioning and knowing the flag timer. It doesn't allow them to do anything that the other team can't counterplay.
yeah Also wards and a view of the flag before its picked up would also help balance that out. you would see it picked up and maybe who picked it up?
thoughts.
Maybe a global notice letting everyone know who picked up the flag?