A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonnFirinne

06-23-2012

@Hiasha
The flag is a placeholder for something else (like a bomb, or corrupted magic fragment, or whatever fits the lore best). I added a not to clarify this.

Also, there were many requests for a larger, more involved jungle, so I doubt I'll be making it simpler.

Brettakisse

06-23-2012

Perhaps for a summoner spell, something like a wall similar to aniva's?

Derc Junior

06-23-2012

For a summoner spell perhaps it could be a 'flare' that you deploy to take skill shots.

Or maybe a shield you can hide in that gives your team bonus armor and MR.

Brettakisse

06-23-2012

Maybe a smoke screen of some sort, like graves' aoe skill, or a counter CV that fogs the mini map?

50mm3r

06-23-2012

I like the idea of a CTF map, looks like you put alot of thought into it as well, good job.

DonnFirinne

06-23-2012

@Brettakisse
Not sure. If it was wide enough to block a whole path, it would probably be a bit broken on this map. What were you thinking specifically?
For Counter-CV, I'm not really sure how much it would be used. Maybe if it fogs the area in the actual map, but I'm not sure about fogging the mini map.

@NotMyPolicy
Are you thinking something like Ashe's e?
There is a new summoner spell on the PBE, Barrier, that provides a short duration shield to yourself. I think this is really similar to your idea.

@50mm3r
Thanks. I have been working pretty hard at it and appreciate all the compliments.

Saiffxiii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2012

Omg. I like this idea. Sounds super fun. Riot better make it.

LastXBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-24-2012

I think that 15 second channel could be a problem. If it is indeed like a dominion channel, then any source of champion damage would interrupt it. This would mean that high-range poke champions like kog maw or xerath would completely deny the enemy any chance of even getting the flag from the middle of the map.

DonnFirinne

06-24-2012

@LastXBlood
We had discussed that the channel is only interruptible by hard cc or displacement, but I guess that never made in the OP. fixed now, thanks

Brettakisse

06-25-2012

As far as the wall I was thinking it might block a big enough area that it would create an obstacle that would block all champs (friend and foe) but would be small enough that if there was only one (maybe two depending on lane size) you could walk around it, also out would be thin enough to flash or ability jump over.

For the counter CV I thought it would fog both an area on the field and the map but only to foes. That way you could fog the flag when you go to capture it or use it to juke out of the w way or something. The fog would need a fairly short duration though.