A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeknoWizard

06-20-2012

@DarthEric1
We kinda do want the "deathmatch type brawl". The point of this map was to get those awesome endgame team fights that happen like once in SR to happen regularly in this map. And the channel is interruptable by hard CC, (Stun, Taunt, Charm, Knockback ETC.), not by damage.

DonnFirinne

06-20-2012

I'm going to try to get the new map with full jungle up within the next 2 days (no hard promises though) so keep an eye out for that. And remember to upvote and give your feedback if you haven't already.

QoS Rojo

06-20-2012

DonnFirinne,

Not sure if this has been mentioned, (didn't bother to read the billion and 1 comments) but stealth should be disabled on the flag carrier and ONLY the flag carrier. This would keep characters like Evelynn from being able to single handily win games.

Cheers,
Crimson178

DonnFirinne

06-20-2012

@Crimson178
I mentioned it in the OP. I don't ask that anyone read all the comments, but you should at least read through my full first post.

Psyb3r

06-21-2012

Looks fun

Kazaan

06-21-2012

bump

Sam Is Whoa

06-21-2012

The 3 min respawn timer is extremely long. The shortest a game could be would be 20 min but average time would be upwards of 40 min. 3 min spawn timer taking the flag back 6 times= 18 min plus a minute to get back to enemy base for each trip = 24 min and 90 points assuming the other 10 are made up in kills. Including set up time before the flag spawns that's about 27 min game if your alone one the map without an enemy trying to stop u.

Now Lets say that its a close game and each team has 5 flags. That's minimum 30 min of flag spawn times plus minimum 10 minutes of flag hold time plus 10-15 min of pure battle time. Games would be constantly an hour long. That's way too long. Maybe making the spawn timer 60 or 90 min.

DonnFirinne

06-21-2012

@Sam Is Whoa
Noted. The respawn timer was at 1 minute before, but there was a concern raised that teams would never farm because after the flag spawned the first time they would always be fighting over and taking the flag, leading me to raise the time. I may change point values to adjust the expected game time, but the need for "downtime" in game is something I am concerned with.

Edit: Also I'm editing the new map on my computer right now. Hopefully I'll finish and upload tonight, so keep checking back

DonnFirinne

06-21-2012

The new map is here! I'm attaching it to this post and in a minute I will update the OP and include it there too. What does everyone think?

Menkyo

06-21-2012

I think the new map looks great. Actually the first thing I thought when I saw the first map was to make a central entrance with a tower guarding it. The only suggestion I have is to make it so no minions path to the tower entrance. That way if a team wants the "easy" way in to the base they will have to wait until they can champtank the turret down.