A map idea involving more than just a generic request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonnFirinne

06-19-2012

I dunno, I don't think more exp would help the lanes as much as some alternate goal. The only objectives I can currently come up with are the one already in place (gold when minions reach the end), the one inherent to the game (map control), and the one that until now we've avoided (towers). Can you think of anything else?

Also, minor update to OP

Bilvo

06-19-2012

Why not change it to something other than a flag. Since you're taking it to the Enemy Nexus why not change it to something that looks like a tainted part of a Nexus and call it a "Corrupted Nexus Fragment" or something like that.

DonnFirinne

06-19-2012

@Bilvo
I've mentioned before the flag is a placeholder for something else. Calling it capture the flag gives people a better idea of how the game is meant to work. That is an interesting idea though, I'll hang onto that.

w00t lol

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnFirinne View Post
Updated: 6/19/12
50 upvotes! Keep it up!
Also, added a "Needs" section for things that are really needed right now

Ok guys, I've got an image to go with a map idea. Keep in mind that it is a working draft, so things may be disproportionate or out of place. If you disagree with anything, let me know, if your reasons are good I'll change it and credit you. I really want to get some good worthwhile feedback on this map so don't hold back. As long as I'm getting feedback I'll be answering questions and updating this post, so read through it all first please.

Game Mode: Capture the Flag
Lanes: 2, with minions
Teams: 2 teams of 6 each

Primary Objective: Capture the flag from the center of the map and bring it into the enemy's nexus.
Secondary Objective: Killing enemy champions.
Win Condition: First team to 100 points wins. 15 points per flag capture, 1 point per kill. A team can only score a maximum of 40 points by kills
Edit: Someone mentioned that Nexuses seem to have importance in League maps, so perhaps instead of a count up to a winning score, each point counts against the enemy's nexus health, similar to Dominion.

Flag Details:
  • The flag would spawn at the center after a certain amount of time and the primary objective would be to capture it and take it into the enemy base, scoring your team points.
  • Capturing the flag requires a channel of 15 seconds
  • After being dropped the flag will reset to its original position after 60 seconds. This will reset if any attempt to recapture it (starting the channel) is made
  • Before being taken both teams will have limited vision immediately around the flag (credit to TeknoWizard)
  • Dropping the flag would be on a hotkey by default (G maybe?)
  • Holding the flag may carry an MS debuff where all bonus MS is removed except for boots and abilities.
  • Holding the flag grants Tenacity (credit to wickedsiik)
  • Capturing and holding the flag count as actions which break/prevent stealth
  • There is a respawn timer on the flag of 1 minute after being captured
Minion Details:
  • Minions would come out of the respective bases and head down the lanes as usual and meet at the halfway point.
  • Once the flag is taken by a team, the other team's minions as well as jungle creeps will automatically aggro to the flag bearer (maybe the entire team) on sight, to make travel toward the enemy base more difficult.
  • I had a thought of putting a slight MS debuff on minion and monster attacks (only while the flag is held) to further hinder travel, but this may be unnecessary due to the limited base entrances. On the other hand, the limited entrances may make it too hard to get in. I really need some feedback here
  • Minions gradually get weaker between their base and the mid point. This will allow lanes to reset to the middle if left alone
  • When minions enter the enemy base they disappear and each grant a small amount of global gold to their team (a few gold per person per minion) Credit: TeknoWizard
Summoner Spells
  • Teleport will not be available for selection, it would be overpowered/abused on this map
  • Flash (and related abilities) will not be limited on this map by anything but the terrain
  • Ideas for new summoner spells are welcome
Misc. Details:
  • Wards: Longer timer and cheaper cost (credit to Lasie)
  • Swamp: I put up a second version of the map with some added, but it's just to get some feedback on it. In swamp champions would have slightly reduced MS and vision (credit to Verandure)

Ideas
  • Something happening when minions reach the far end of the lane, possibly disappearing and giving global gold to the team of origin. (credit to TeknoWizard)
  • Summoner Spell: Reveal - (similar to TF ult) places markers showing where each member of the enemy team is, but not granting vision, for a short duration.
  • Flag Debuff: Reduced damage dealt
  • Flag Debuff: Increading damage taken

Needs
  • Buff ideas for neutral jungle camps and epic monsters
  • Feedback on the "Ideas" section
  • Feedback on the current lane setup
  • Any way to test out any part of this map/game mode

Again, any thoughts are welcome. If I get enough positive feedback, perhaps a Rioter will stop by. Thumbs me up if you like the idea, even if you have no feedback to post about.

First map is the original. The second map is a work in progress in response to several issues with the original map. It currently has only the lanes, bases, flag area, and major monster pits.
u got it from black ops????????

Biosranger

06-20-2012

It looks really cool, just oddly similar to the others, with alot more jungling.

BestGeologistSA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Didn't read all the comments, but I think the idea of having the flag spawn periodically could be enhanced by making it only spawn maybe 5-10 minutes into the game. That way people can go lane in their lanes for the first (amount of time) maybe recall and get some items, then both teams will most likely gather for a team fight 30 or so seconds before the spawn. This might make speed champions less op and eliminate the mad rush to the flag at the start.

It will be like a baron constestion (so not a word, deal with it) fight and give a team a chance to build a small advantage before the first flag fight.

Also, what will you do about shens etc teleporting from flag to base?

Edit: Also, why would people spend time bothering with minion camps, especially the legendary one when they only have just enough time to heal and set up for the next flag cap?

zombielegit

06-20-2012

NICE that would be amazing sounds like a really good idea id luvvvvvvvvvvvvvv that

DarthEric1

06-20-2012

Instead of having a 15 sec channel time to get the flag, why not have it be part the epic monster you're looking for? The team moves in to kill it, and on death, it drops the "flag". The monster could strengthen as time goes on, so it doesn't become too easy to take the flag. This forces teamwork and gives us another reason to farm minions early game. It also allows for steals like we see on baron buff currently.

DonnFirinne

06-20-2012

@FitzMichael
Most of your points are covered in the OP. I know it's long, but almost everything you need to know about the map is in there somewhere. As for the minion camps, I may increase the flag respawn timer to allow for some farm time, but the epic monster buffs are going to be powerful enough that risking the other team taking the flag once should be worth it.

@DarthEric1
I think that given how hard it will be to get the flag from the center to the enemy base already, making a team fight an epic monster and take down a big chunk of their health first isn't a great idea. It's fine if they choose to do the epic monster then go take the flag, but forcing them together might unbalance the game.

DarthEric1

06-20-2012

Good point. Definitely need to shorten that channel time a bit, though. 15 seconds is a bit too long, unless it takes longer than that to get to the flag from base. Otherwise, people will see someone go for it via wards, and the whole team comes in to a deathmatch type brawl. On a side note, is the channeling going to be breakable, like in dominion? We can't have the tank waltzing in and taking the flag while the entire other team stomps on him.